The Official 2010-11 College Basketball Season Thread

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
Tonight kicks off the official start of the college basketball season. Feel free to cuss & discuss your favorite college hoops teams here. I'm very excited for Mizzou hoops this season. Hopefully they can go deep in the NCAA tournament this season. GO TIGERS!!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Geaux LSU Tigers!!

I admit I don't know much of anything about this year's team. Wasn't very good last year...

As usual, I will probably not pay much attention to College Basketball -- until March, then it becomes my favorite event on the sports calender. :cool:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Geaux LSU Tigers!!

I admit I don't know much of anything about this year's team. Wasn't very good last year...

As usual, I will probably not pay much attention to College Basketball -- until March, then it becomes my favorite event on the sports calender. :cool:

Same here. Huskers suck at basketball.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
It was nice to see the Buckeyes take charge against Florida. Thats two in a row on Florida!! I just wish one of them would have been for the title a few years ago.

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
Mizzou has their first tough test of the season tonight against Georgetown which will be played at the Sprint Center in Kansas City. Go Tigers!:churn:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado has a winning record through the non-conference schedule. It's when they hit the Big 12 and the likes of Kansas, Missouri and K-State is where they could run into a wall. Hopefully not, I'd like to see them make the tourney this year before the big exit to the Pac-12.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado star Alec Burks scores 36, helps hand No. 8 Missouri a second loss

Associated Press
BOULDER, Colo. -- The Colorado Buffaloes broke Missouri's press and also the Tigers' stranglehold on their one-sided series.

Super sophomore Alec Burks, from suburban Kansas City, scored a career-high 36 points and the Buffaloes upset Missouri 89-76 in their final Big 12 opener.
The Buffaloes (12-4, 1-0), who join the expanded Pac-12 next season, snapped a streak of 13 straight losses in conference openers with their first win over Missouri (No. 8 ESPN/USA Today, No. 9 AP) in nearly five years.
"It shows that we're a different team from last year. It shows that we can play with anybody in the Big 12, anybody ranked," said Burks, whose previous career best was a 29-point effort at San Francisco on Nov. 20. "It's a statement game for us."
The Tigers (14-2, 0-1) had won nine straight overall and nine in a row against the Buffaloes, whose last win over a top-10 team came against third-ranked Texas in 2003.
"It feels great, but we expected to win this game," insisted senior point guard Cory Higgins, who scored 18 points and tied his career high with 10 boards. "We know when we play as a unit, we play together, we feel like we can beat anybody in the country. When we play defense together, we're hard beat. And especially on the offensive end, we have too many weapons out there. I mean, we felt like we were the better team."

Missouri Tigers vs. Colorado Buffaloes - Recap - January 08, 2011 - ESPN