The Rockers Doin’ The Blues

Discussion in 'Jazz, Blues, Standards, Ambient' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Nov 6, 2010.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

This show is back. After the merger this show was discontinued, but Pat St John has brought it back- good 30 minute program. Thumbs Up

Weekdays 11 pm ET
    Pat St. John is passionate about this nightly set of The Rockers Doin’ The Blues. From the early days when The Animals covered John Lee Hooker, right up to ZZ Top jammin' the blues today, this is an A to Z library of artists known for rock 'n' roll, who pay their respects to "where it all came from," the blues. Each weeknight, Pat plays tunes from the likes of The Allman Brothers Band, Eric Clapton, and The Rolling Stones, to Robert Plant, Joe Cocker, and Aerosmith, as they pour their hearts into the music which influenced them immensely - and as you will hear - they truly love. Don't let the rock stars fool you - this is some SIRIUS Blues! (30 min)

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That sounds like a cool show Mike.
    Thanks for keeping on top of the programming!

3. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I record this almost every week night now. Great show!! :rock:

4. goreds2

Great show last night. In honor of V-Day, every song had the word heart in it. Very cool. :buttrock:

5. goreds2

The Rockers Doin’ The Blues: XM and Sirius 74

Pat St. John has got be be considered the best DJ on XM. He announced that the Beach Boys were played for the first time ever on Bluesville Wednesday night during this show. :buttrock:

Beach Boys
    Honky Tonk
    XM 74 - BB King's Blues
    Last Played: February 16, 2011 11:03 PM ET

What a great show this is. He gives interesting tid bits of the songs and/or artists.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  6. goreds2

This is still a Monday-Friday program I record. :headbang:

7. goreds2

I hope PSJ is back this week. Missed hearing this show last week. :wah:

8. goreds2

Sirius/xm 70

Last night, some of the show was in honor of David Lee Roth's birthday (57). Played the Blues version of Ice Cream man then Van Halen's. Also played Just A Jigolo/I Aint Got Nobody.

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

From PSJ:
    Legendary Buddy Guy is my featured artist on my Blues Show on Channel 70 on SiriusXM today, 6P-Mid ET. Happy 76th to the great George "Buddy" Guy. Lot's of his music throughout the show, and a special salute on the RDB at 11ET, 8PT featuring Buddy with The Stones, Clapton and more. Come on by!

[​IMG]

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

John Lee Hooker would have turned 95 today. I'll play tons of his music, by him and others on my Bluesville Show today on SiriusXM 70, 6p-Mid Eastern Time. Never got a photo with him, but meeting him & shaking his hand was beyond cool. Below is my All Access pass when I was one of the emcees at his tribute concert at Madison Square Garden. The King of Endless Boogie!

[​IMG]

11. SIRIUSaboutXM

STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN 22 YEARS GONE THIS DAY: STILL A TRAGIC LOSS
    Expect SRV to be featured today on Bluesville, Deep Tracks & Classic Rewind. PSJ will probably dedicate his entire show to him tonight @ 11pm.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    In 1993, a memorial statue of Vaughan was unveiled on Auditorium Shores and is the first public monument of a musician in Austin, TX

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]
    Jimi was taken from us on this day in 1970 at the age of27

From Pat St John
    I'll be doing a big tribute to the music of Jimi Hendrix tonight on my Blues show, 6PM-Mid ET on Channel 70 on SiriusXM in Bluesville. Songs done by him and others in the first part of every hour, and something quite special at 11 Eastern. Hope you'll tune in!

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

A very special FAT edition of "The Rockers Doin' The Blues" tonight on my Blues show... In honor of Mike Stoller's 80th Birthday, it'll be "Blues Players Doing The Music of Lieber and Stoller" Some of these songs may surprise you. 11pm ET, 8PT on Channel 70 on SiriusXM, Bluesville. Happy Birthday Mike! (pictured is Jerry Lieber)

[​IMG]

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

Tonight it's all NEW music on my "Rockers Doin' The Blues". Cuts from the new Jimi Hendrix CD, plus new Clapton, new Eric Burdon, The Fabulous Thunderbirds and ZZ Top! 11ET, 8PT on SiriusXM 70, B.B. King's Bluesville!

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

15. goreds2

Sxm 70

I used to record this every night. I need to start doing so again.

The Rockers Doin' The Blues

Wednesday, June 12 ET 11:00 pm – 11:30 pm Pat St. John plays an A to Z library of rock 'n' rollers who know "where it all came from." Three in a row from the likes of The Allman Brothers Band, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, Robert Plant, Joe Cocker, Aerosmith and more. Don't let the rock stars fool you -- this is some SIRIUS Blues!

16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Good stuff!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2