Tinnitus and Cacophony (sadchild's music thread)

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
No matter how hard I try to keep up with new music coming out from bands I like (or may like after hearing), I'm always missing some big ones. I was a huge fan of Stabbing Westward's first two albums, saw them live in 1994 and got my CD signed by them. I even went to see them in 2017 after finding out they had reunited. But STILL missed that they released a new song four months ago.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
TIL...

Five white guys released a rap single in 1991 under the name Young Black Teenagers about Bart Simpson pimping Kelly Bundy from Married With Children.

WTF?

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F3a645b631d5af382e53c763e074c63c9.600x597x1.jpg

Seen my high top homeboy better known as Bart
Simpson, while he was out there pimpin'
[What's up, dude?]
Skip the highs and the lows, where's my dough?
And yo, who's the ho?
Speakin' upon the fact that Bart owes me money
He jumped off the subject and introduced Bundy
So I stepped out the car, pulled Bart to the side
With Kelli spreadin' eagle on the hood of my ride
Business was spoken about the freak:
"Either Kelli now or the money next week"

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but I hate The Smiths (not as much as The Doors or The Dead though). Aside from tolerating "Stop Me If You Think" and "How Soon Is Now", I can't take them. But I think it's mostly Morrissey I can't stand.

Guitarist Johnny Marr released an album this year and I really like four songs from it so far. I just added the CD to my wishlist on Amazon.

I like tracks 1, 3, 8 and 10. Here's the whole album (which I have not heard yet).

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Songs I like so far in 2022 (first four months)

Emphasis added to songs I think some people here may also like

10 Years - Deja Vu
A Day To Remember - Last Chance to Dance
Amber Mark - Softly
Arrested Development - Grandma's Southern Ways
Black Stone Cherry - Ringin' In My Head
Brick + Mortar - Glamour Of A Food Stamp
Brick + Mortar - Mystery to Myself
Emigrate - I'm Still Alive
From Ashes To New - Wait For Me
Ghost - Call Me Little Sunshine
Halestorm - The Steeple
Johnny Marr - Night and Day
Johnny Marr - Tenement Time

Kill The Noise - Voices
KRS-One - Can You Dance
KRS-One - The Beginning
Midnight Oil - At The Time Of Writing
Ministry - Believe Me
Ministry - Sabotage Is Sex
Missio - We Are Who We Are
Motor Sister - Can't Get High Enough
Onyx - Just Slam
Port Noir - Deep Waters
Rat Boy - Ram Raid
Royal Blood - Honeybrains
Sasha Alex Sloan - I Blame The World
Sasha Alex Sloan - WTF

Shinedown - Planet Zero
Snoop - House I Built
Stabbing Westward - Ghost
Stabbing Westward - I Am Nothing

Teramaze - Battle
Token - Boom
Tremonti - Now And Forever
Turnstile - Blackout
Ubi - Orphan
Warning - Money

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Interesting. I'm assuming that these are all new releases; so bands like Stabbing Westward, Midnight Oil, and Arrested Development are still together or have reformed?

Reactions: sadchild

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Enjoying using my phone (thanks again for the suggestion Scotch) as my mp3 player in my car (using AIMP).

Making the playlists is laborious (though I do enjoy it to some degree) but very worth it. I'm making playlists like "pop" "pop rock" "rock" "metal" "rap" "acoustic" "70s" "80s" "90s" etc that each have 20+ hours of songs on them. I'm finally getting to hear buried songs from my mp3 collection that I don't hear much elsewhere, songs I've missed hearing. Especially deep album tracks.

I've been listening to my "rock" mix the last few days and have heard these (yes, I've heard some of these on SXM)

Loverboy "Lovin Every Minute Of It"
Royal Blood "I Only Lie When I Love You"
Ozzy "So Tired"
Eddie Money "Prove It Every Night"
Soup Dragons "Divine Thing"
Replacements "Alex Chilton"
King's X "Prisoner"
Kiss "Hide Your Heart"
Stephen Pearcy "Want Too Much"

In the queue (coming up next)

Guns N Roses "Think About You"
Def Leppard "Saturday Night (High N Dry)"

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Enjoying using my phone (thanks again for the suggestion Scotch) as my mp3 player in my car (using AIMP).
Glad it's working out. I'm just about at 100% for using my phone in the car (instead of the radio), mostly streaming SXM, but also for mp3's and such. It works consistently enough that I don't have to revert to radio.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That Loverboy song is a good song but hardly forgotten. Still played a lot on Canadian radio that covers that era.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I hear that Loverboy track (here in the States) once or twice a decade outside of my playing of it (which is once or twice a year tops, that's enough for me - good but not great). The LB song I like and never hear is "Queen Of The Broken Hearts".

I don't hear enough of these guys.
SXM seems to think King's X only ever released one song. And that song rhymes with "Flack Blag". A good song, but not even in my top 10 for them, and they've made me quite tired of it. Which is ironic since the band has a different song titled "I'll Never Get Tired Of You". Sorry, but I did get tired of that one. Thanks, Rock Bar & Ozzy's Boneyard.

Reactions: HecticArt

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Wow.

Listening to that Childhood 1949 honestly started bringing tears to my eyes. For two reasons.

One the lyrics are so good.

Two the singing is so bad.

But seriously, if I can find a good recording of that song it may find itself one of my future-updated "favorite 333 songs of all ever". Those lyrics hit the feels like a dodgeball. Now I'm all sentimental and shtuff.

EDIT: here's a better one
Someone posted Burt Reynolds "Childhood 1949" a while back, then I found the Bobby Goldsboro recording was cuttin' onions to it.

Just listened again and man, that song absolutely slays me. Damn.