Tony Stewart Hits Driver At Canandaigua Motorsports Park

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
He's guilty as hell. It's manslaughter. He may not have meant to kill Kevin Ward (I don't think Tony Stewart is a murderer) but he sure as hell meant to scare and/or hit him (Tony Stewart is a moron).

Reactions: semipenguin

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Tony Stewart will be back in his car this weekend at Atlanta. Personally, I think he should stay home until the investigation is completed.

Reactions: Casual Fan

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
He's guilty as hell. It's manslaughter. He may not have meant to kill Kevin Ward (I don't think Tony Stewart is a murderer) but he sure as hell meant to scare and/or hit him (Tony Stewart is a moron).

I didn't see anything in that video that would call for manslaughter. I saw no evidence of him wanting to scare him or hit him. In my view it was a tragic accident.

We all see things different. Our legal system isn't perfect but thank God for jury trials.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Reactions: semipenguin

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I didn't see anything in that video that would call for manslaughter. I saw no evidence of him wanting to scare him or hit him. In my view it was a tragic accident.

We all see things different. Our legal system isn't perfect but thank God for jury trials.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Fair enough and agreed!

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
They're not going to charge him. You don't wait until after the weekend, when Stewart would be back in a race car, to charge him with a race car-related crime. :mad:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
NASCAR champion Tony Stewart cleared of charges in crash that killed another driver | Daily Mail Online

the headline says the guy was hit was high at the time but its the daily mail and they are basically a tabloid so who knows.

what i really want to know is how do these drug tests work with an autopsy? to say he had thc in his system just means he could have smoked a week ago. do they have ways to test to tell right about the time u use pot? cause i dont think so but dont know. the guy could have smoked like 4 hours before the race. pot would be fresh in his system i suppose but he def would not have been high.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Ward was high when he was killed. That's reasonable doubt right there. The grand jury made the right call, even though I still think Stewart meant to clip the kid.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Due process my good man!

I agree. It's the right decision. It would be the Zapruder film all over again, the shooter on the grassy knoll and all that. Did Stewart swerve to hit the stoned kid or not? Due process, and I'm cool with that. Stewart ain't innocent, but the pot changes everything. It's a frickin' shit ton of reasonable doubt.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The case went from "Does the video show that Stewart may have intentionally hit the kid?" (possibly--it's enough to go to trial, and that's all a grand jury determines) to "Did the kid on weed act irrationally and jump in front of Stewart?" They weren't going to get a grand jury to take this to trial once the victim lacking complete control of his faculties came into play.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
The case went from "Does the video show that Stewart may have intentionally hit the kid?" (possibly--it's enough to go to trial, and that's all a grand jury determines) to "Did the kid on weed act irrationally and jump in front of Stewart?" They weren't going to get a grand jury to take this to trial once the victim lacking complete control of his faculties came into play.

I agree. I bet there will be no civil suit either. I know the whole pot thing has been normalized now a days but come on. Don't drive on it and don't race on it.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I agree. I bet there will be no civil suit either. I know the whole pot thing has been normalized now a days but come on. Don't drive on it and don't race on it.

I agree. I don't see how a civil suit could succeed. It goes beyond the weed--a jury is going to think, "If he's racing on weed, how good is this kid's judgement? Maybe he was just a dumbass and jumped in front of Stewart's car."