Tracy Morgan In Bad Shape After Crash

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Walmart will settle for an undisclosed amount and we'll never hear about this again.

It's for the lesser known members of the entourage. Morgan doesn't need Walmart's money.

Reactions: blyons200

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Walmart will settle for an undisclosed amount and we'll never hear about this again.

It's for the lesser known members of the entourage. Morgan doesn't need Walmart's money.

That would be a shame. I would hope he would want to make an example of reckless & tired truck drivers, and big businesses that push them to drive tired.

I rarely see a wrecked Walmart truck or trailer. If someone would make an example of them, it might cause them to reconsider having a private fleet, & look into contracting more outside carries ...

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Outsourcing is a vicious circle. You go from "Someone else can do this cheaper, and then we won't have to pay for trucks, drivers, fuel and all these other expenses that go along with managing your own fleet" to "Why are we outsourcing this? They don't do a good job, they're expensive and we can do this better and cheaper ourselves."

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was wondering how Tracy was doing. That didn't really say anything about that, but if he's working with his lawyers, I'm assuming he's doing reasonably well.

Yeah, there was no question there was going to be a law suit. Walmart is doing the right thing by manning up to it, and hopefully Tracy's lawyers are more focused on the other people in the limo.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Outsourcing is a vicious circle. You go from "Someone else can do this cheaper, and then we won't have to pay for trucks, drivers, fuel and all these other expenses that go along with managing your own fleet" to "Why are we outsourcing this? They don't do a good job, they're expensive and we can do this better and cheaper ourselves."

Well, duh!

Cheap labor = poor results. It's a shame that with the dissolving of unions in this country, nobody takes pride in what they do anymore while their bosses get bigger paychecks even when the company's profits are in the toilet.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Expensive labor = outsourcing to China. If Wal-Mart outsourced their fleet it would be Mexican truckers shipping their cheap Chinese crap from Mexican ports, further costing Americans jobs.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
He is currently in rehab for speech, cognitive, vocational and physical functionalities. Morelli said doctors don't yet know whether the wheelchair-bound Morgan, 45, will return to his previous self.

How much of that is legit, and how much is bullshit for his lawsuit?

Also, Tracy doesn't have much mental capacity to lose. He needs to keep all he can scrounge up.

Reactions: Jon and JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
How much of that is legit, and how much is bullshit for his lawsuit?

thats a good call. i was thinking this may be a bit of pr after the news of walmart blaming tracy about the seatbelt came out a few days ago.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
The guy is going to be in and out of rehabilitation for a while. It takes a long time to regain certain functions. He's in for some rough times. So what if his lawyer is haggling. The guy could have died and now Wal Mart is saying its his fault.

Reactions: microbob