TSS Radio Now Ships From Canada!

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Canada' started by sts103, May 3, 2009.

1. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

A lot of the radios and stuff in Canada are now cheaper than in the US. That wasn't the case in the beginning but it is now. Take the Starmate 5. It's $99 CAN. Or the Stiletto 2 which comes with a Car Kit for the MSRP of $299 CAN. Those are better deals than here. Their Boomboxes are more expensive. The pricing structure is just different I guess which like you say encourages people to sometimes buy from the US.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I took advantage of that deal when I bought my SL2. But I subbed with the US although that was primarly due to no high speed internet available from Sirius Canada.

3. sts103

sts103 New Member

I am a Sirius Canada subscriber, but disappointed with their lack of control over the programming they advertised on their lineup which has been changed by SiriusXM. I don't receive email notices from Sirius Canada about upcoming changes. Not sure if others do. Then there's the absence of the Best Of XM for Canadian subscribers...

What do people like about Sirius Canada over SiriusXM?

4. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I bet most people just don't think about doing the Grey Market thing.

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

It is more difficult to subscribe to the grey market. You need a US address. You need to either have gift cards or a credit card that SirusXM won't detect as Canadian. Its more work than the Canadian version and some people probably don't know that there is any benifit. Others will just take the path of least resistance.

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

Just received my order. 1 day later then estimated but the US holiday is probably the culprit. And no customs duties! :bigthumbup:

7. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I think we've since updated the ETAs to be pushed back a couple days. I want them to be realistic.

But glad you got the order!

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

Thats pretty good for Canada Post. They are not exactly the poster children for reliability. :)