Tunemix, Tunescan, Etc.

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by kryptonite, Jan 19, 2017.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Eek!

I got a pretty good deal on an Onyx Plus, so I bit. I thought it came with the customized music channels, such as what my phone has.

Boy, was I wrong.

TuneScan seems to be like a "scan" like what the FM radios had...didn't like what you're listening to and this jumps between presets.

But what the heck is TuneMix?

And it appears that I can't customize a single music channel like I can on my phone? Say, I don't want live songs...or I want a heavy selection of older stuff... I can do that on my phone... can I do that on the Onyx?

2. kryptonite

Hey @HecticArt ... any tips?

Could I get a home kit and connect that to my SubX1? The radio and SubX1 aren't compatible...it just won't fit. But... I remember that I sawed off the sides of my SL100 car dock to accommodate my SL2. Could I do the same to the back piece in the SUBX1 to force the Onyx to fit?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm not sure about the SubX1. Never used one before.
    I did shave the fins off of my old SL100 docks to use my SL2. It worked just fine.
    Not knowing about the SubX1, I couldn't be sure if there are any variations that could damage your radio.

TuneMix is a feature that will shuffle songs between your preset stations. It's a bit like the old SuperShuffle station but with your stations. I used to use it, and don't really know why I don't any more.

I haven't used an Onyx either, but I don't thank you can customize stations like you can on the app.

4. kryptonite

"Upon further review..."

It does not have a way to custom mix the channels. :(

It does have a feature that allows playing a song fron the start...but if I change the channel and change back, it begins where it it happens to be at a random part of the song.

TuneMix is an interesting feature, especially if one were to put talk/sport channels on those presets.

I still haven't found a way to directly enter a channel number.

5. kryptonite

I just "found" a new feature!

Drive to work and listen to one channel.
    Pull into garage and have very spotty service, right? WRONG! I change to another channel and can back that channel up several minutes and the service doesn't go out as I drive around the garage to find a spot.

:)

HecticArt likes this.
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Mmmmmm....buffers......

7. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

SiriusXM has a new 2.0 radio with the Xtra channels and tunemix.

The OnyxEZR

ezr.png

HecticArt likes this.
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

New hardware?
    When did that happen?

9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Must have been recently. Looks like a good long lasting radio. My EDGE is still going strong and in great condition otherwise I'd consider one of these.