Updated iOS Thread

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I used to get geeked up about these updates and all the cool new features. Now I got the update a couple days ago and barely notice the changes.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Safari web browser now has the web address on the bottom of the screen. That’s cool. Doesn’t really matter to me where it’s at. Top or bottom.

I just don’t like the number wheel. Go back to a number pad.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
So I finally updated my iPhone to iOS15. I can't say I am pleased. I don't mind the new GUI although the old one was fine too. What I don't like is the bugs. It seems to lose notifications sounds randomly. My hourly chime is consistently lost. And it lost my do not disturb schedule (not right at updating about 2 days later). I think this is probably a typical case of I am now 2 iOSs at least beyond what my iPhone11 shipped with. And the amount of testing Apple does on new iOS on old phones is clearly limited (and in the past designed to make the performance worse to encourage new hardware purchase). But I have decided not to upgrade my iPad just yet.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I updated to iOS16. Seems to be ok but I don't like the lock screen font or how they put notifications at the bottom and overlaying on the lock screen. Other than that seems the same as iOS15. I am sure there are other features I will discover later.

Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
One new feature of iOS16 is that you can unsend an iMessage that you've sent – but you have to do it within two minutes. If, five minutes after you send an iMessage, you think, "Oh, man, I shouldn't have written such nasty things," that's just too bad. You're stuck with it.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
One new feature of iOS16 is that you can unsend an iMessage that you've sent – but you have to do it within two minutes. If, five minutes after you send an iMessage, you think, "Oh, man, I shouldn't have written such nasty things," that's just too bad. You're stuck with it.
What if the person reads the message immediately? Do they get offended by the inappropriate text, and then watch it dissappear?