Week Of 9/11: Live!

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Started with hurricane updates. Gary got thrown under the bus for protecting his trampoline during Sandy. Howard goofed on people who stayed, who all sounded like Benjy.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Started with hurricane updates. Gary got thrown under the bus for protecting his trampoline during Sandy. Howard goofed on people who stayed, who all sounded like Benjy.
He did a good job trashing the news coverage of the hurricane. And he did a nice tribute to Jay Thomas.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
He did a good job trashing the news coverage of the hurricane. And he did a nice tribute to Jay Thomas.
So today, he has to make up for yesterday's strong show by having a crappy one, and being a dick. His "tribute" to Walter Becker was as shitty as Jay's was great. He did a Donald Trump - the tribute was all about himself (Howard). Yes Howard, we all know you're too shallow and distracted to actually appreciate Steely Dan, so maybe have Gary talk about them. Or instead, you could just say he was a legendary and highly respected artist, and leave it at that. But what Howard did, was spend close to an hour explaining why he never liked Steely Dan. And no, Howard, they didn't stop touring because they were shy, asshole. If you don't know or care about the facts, then just STFU.

He also had a horrible phone call with Beetlejuice, and he said some really stupid things to J.D. about the cruise to Canada, which is actually a very popular summer tourist thing.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I thought the whole MTV Awards bit was pretty funny in that Howard way. I thought the Beet call stunk only because the call audio was terrible. I highly expected:
Q: "Did you give up alcohol?"
A: "Yeah, I did."
Q: "Do you still drink beer?"
A: "I drink about four or five a day. Whatchu think?"

He did give a Beet-type flip-flop answer a couple moments later.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Only Howard can turn a conversation about GoT into a mention of JD waking up. "George R.R. Martin...good ruh-ruh morning..."

Howard also mentioned the wicked clowns would be visiting today. This is their first visit in ~10 years.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Howard saying he was, "exhausted from tantruming" when talking about how he couldn't get his TV working for the fight was funny.

I also enjoyed the JD cruise talk.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
  • Insane Clown Posse Visits. 09/13/17. 9:00am
??????

!!!!!!

This is fantastic and surprising news! These guys have always been great guests. Of course the Sharon Osbourne appearance is the first to come to mind but I remember always loving when they were in the studio. I have zero interest in their music (except that magnet song) but love their personalities! It makes me so happy to see Howard having more and more sub-A list, but still entertaining celebs, in as guests.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
That song...woah. They've changed a lot in 20 years, but so has Howard. Even the Chili Peppers keep their clothes on when they perform.

There's a lot of new-age churches that do songs with rock bands instead of traditional choirs and organs. This song, minus a few cuss words, could *almost* be one of those types of songs.

It's a far cry from the Amazing Jeckel Brothers or the Bizzar/Bizaar stuff.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm listening to 1/9/06 on today's replay... :)

It says "Vacation & Benjy Live" but it's definitely Artie talking about trying to find a new deli and Howard hyping up the new show.

It was Great American Nightmare played underneath George's intro instead of the flatulence...

Edit...
Either my app is all out of whack or they played Sternthology around 10:30am today, despite the fact the PDT said what I wrote above. It was about the first 25 minutes of that show before a commercial break... and now they're talking about Jimmy and a bunch of wine.

Last edited: