Week of 9/26: Live!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard Stern is live this week on SiriusXM Howard 100 and the SiriusXM app. He started today by talking about his parents having sex, his mom not being able to operate cable TV and then we heard about JD's card collection. JD took Howard for an idiot when he didn't realize Howard would know who Ken Griffey and Ken Griffey Jr were.

Ronnie and Wolfie also checked in.

Don't forget about the new shows on Thursday and Friday at 1pm ET on Howard 101. Thursday has the Jon Leiberman news-type show and Friday is Gary and Rahsaan doing a different type of show.

And...I wonder...is Jon Leiberman the first to leave the show/channel and come back? I guess Jackie technically did, but he came back to a different scene.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Good show. Loved the monster mash breakdown. And no, cumshot debbie will not get eric to blast off. Unless he's getting shot out into that new nasa gun.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The haters and conspiracy theorists will heavily doubt Howard has meetings all day on Thursday and Fridays.

It *does* seem like the channels are on relative autopilot. Three shows a week on one channel, two per day on another...and hours and hours of random clips.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I only listen to the shows of the current week, pretty much. And even then if it's one of those 2 hour interviews with someone I don't know or care much about, I just wait until they post 3 or 4 YouTube highlight clips. Perfect example is Jon Hamm. Only watched a couple YT clips.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Ya he has time to paint, watch horrible tv shows, take walks, watch bad movies, play chess ext in 4 off days while writing jokes, reviewing jokes. I call BS.

Lately my recordings are weird. They will be in the middle of a discussion and it dumps out into an ad. This is the original broadcast.

machpost

Feb 18, 2009
It feels like he's contractually obliged to spend at least 90 minutes at the beginning of each show talking about his parents.

Reactions: Kryptonite

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It feels like he's contractually obliged to spend at least 90 minutes at the beginning of each show talking about his parents.

I have zero inside info, but you may not be far off.

Then again, he wasn't contractually obligated to talk about his movie or move to "ehh ehh ehh" but those discussions dominated the show back in their days.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I'm glad he's still going, still giving us a weekly show when he could have more-than-comfortably retired 20 years ago. Though I suppose the estimated $330 grand he gets per show is more than enough incentive to keep going - especially since he can do it without even leaving his house now.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm glad he's still going, still giving us a weekly show when he could have more-than-comfortably retired 20 years ago. Though I suppose the estimated $330 grand he gets per show is more than enough incentive to keep going - especially since he can do it without even leaving his house now.

How many of us thought he'd do a five-year "victory lap" and then hand the reigns to Bubba?

Thank gawd SFN and Sirius Backstage bit the dust or there'd be a ton of posts that didn't age well...and many of them would have been "mark out to Spizz and Hootie."

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Maybe when Stern does eventually leave, David Lee Roth can try again!

maxresdefault.jpg

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The other one that nobody saw was the end of O&A.

The ViRUS 99
Howard 100
Howard 101
EllisMate 102

If they were all able to co-exist, that block would have been awesome.

But as we all know, Howard is the only one left on satellite. The old XM 202 is now Faction Talk and is...well...not much of anything, right?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm listing Wednesday's Sternthology and here's a bit with Eric the Actor's Amazon wishlist. Somehow, it morphed into a discussion of art and they were referring to ETA as "Vincent Van Didn'tGrow" and "Leonardo DiHalfPint."

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Ya he has time to paint, watch horrible tv shows, take walks, watch bad movies, play chess ext in 4 off days while writing jokes, reviewing jokes. I call BS.

Lately my recordings are weird. They will be in the middle of a discussion and it dumps out into an ad. This is the original broadcast.

I've often wondered how the hell people have time to:
Work, commute, do laundry, go out to eat, go to sports, watch stuff on TV, read, raise kids and etc.

I feel like I have time for maybe 5-6 of those things.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Just the 'raise kids' ... actually 'raise A kid', if you're doing it right, IMO, soaks up most of every day. It's a total sacrifice. And totally worth it. I'm glad I waited until I was 34 because I really enjoy it. I would not have invested as much time into it in my 20s.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
We're too old now. The wife didn't want one. And my health is a disaster. Working with kids in sports I see a lot of good people doing their best to raise their kids. There's more good than bad parents.

Reactions: sadchild

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If you like Eric the Actor, listen to today's (9/30) Sternthology Live on SiriusXM Howard 101. It's a deep dive into his first call, ordering a hit and selling zero point zero tickets.