We're All Going to Die

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Oh what a difference 160 miles makes.

I mentioned that while most stores down in Tamarac don't require masks anymore, lots of people still wear them. I went up to Melbourne yesterday to help my aunt and uncle clean out their garage for a resurfacing and went to Publix fist to get her some flowers since I'm such a great nephew, hah. I brought my mask in since I assumed it would be the same as at home but it was the complete opposite. Instead of just a handful of people not wearing a mask, only a handful were. So I followed suit. It was glorious to not wear a mask in a grocery store for the first time since like March 2020. I went to Home Depot with my uncle later on and it was the same deal.

Now what's interesting is I hopped over to Disney this morning and stopped a Wawa, there I was back to being one of the few not wearing a mask in the store. It's gotta be because there are far fewer tourists in Melbourne as opposed to the Disney area.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It's a weird time. We had another band rehearsal this weekend, and in addition to no masks like the previous weekend, we sat in concert formation. No 10 ft spacing. It's currently the only thing I've done lately that is like that.

We also went to a restaurant on Friday that has an outdoor area, but the only seat available was indoors. But it's still spaced-out for a low capacity. We got to experience a toddler screeching for the first time in a year!

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
“ During a rare evening address, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced that Department of Health would end COVID-19 health orders on June 2, and in two weeks, the state would begin two weekly drawings for vaccinated Ohioans to win scholarships or $1 million. “
California hopping on this bandwagon in a big way:

BREAKING: California launches a $116.5 million effort to get people vaccinated, including:

- Ten $1.5 million prizes, with drawings June 15
- 30 $50K prize, with drawings June 4 and 11
- $50 gift cards for the next two million vaccinated Californians

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yikes.

I'm not one to bitch about tradition but I see that I think slavery. Kinda not cool.
I got that image from an article about them discontinuing the plate in 2016. My point was that NC says First in Flight (not Ohio); the confederate thing was just a bonus.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Way to step on my punchline with minutiae Scotch. :facepalm:
Ohio, North Carolina Call Truce On Wright Brothers' First Flight Feud

Ohio and North Carolina put aside their squabbling, but that wasn't the point of my comment.
Just like aviation and vax-a-millions, Ohio is the heart of it all.

• Haha
Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm watching the Indy 500, with the largest gathered crowd (over 100,000) since the pandemic. It'll be interesting to see if there's any fallout from it. Or perhaps we're all good now.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Red Sox played a home game at full capacity yesterday. Even had the CDC director throw out the first pitch.

My last trip to Costco was mask-free for the first time in a long time. Only ones wearing them were a few employees. My county has pretty much rescinded the mask mandate, and the Governor shouldn't be too far behind coming in June. Maybe time to get my fat ass back to the gym.