We're All Going to Die

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
My band didn't practice from about Thanksgiving to Easter. We've had three since. It's been a roller-coaster mix of highs and lows ranging between "hey not bad for not playing together the last six months" to "my fingers are supposed to be doing something, but they're not".

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I expected a lot more lows, even for a crappy cover band that rarely gets out of the basement. Most of the newer stuff was generally clicking with the exception of a handful of awkward chord changes, but a couple of the old songs we've been playing since 1980something gave me more trouble than anything. I think I started playing a Gin Blossoms solo during a Black Crows song.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I expected a lot more lowes, even for a crappy cover band that rarely gets out of the basement. Most of the newer stuff was generally clicking with the exception of a handful of awkward chord changes, but a couple of the old songs we've been playing since 1980something gave me more trouble than anything. I think I started playing a Gin Blossoms solo during a Black Crows song.
It's only really an issue if nobody noticed. If that were the case your band would be a lost cause.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think there’s already a band with that name, but some of it was really noticeable, especially when I’d roll my eyes and yell damnit!…..so it’s good we‘re still in the basement.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
A punk band called Lost Cause formed in 1981 in Orange, California, released one album and one EP and broke up in 1983. A Chicago band with the same name was together from 1986 to 1989 and released one album and one EP. After the band broke up, lead singer and guitarist Joe Kelly joined Ministry's touring band.

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
In other good news, Ontario is moving to Level 1 on Friday. Outdoor patio dining is permitted and non-essential retail is allowed to open with capacity restrictions and outside entrance (malls remain closed). So we can buy clothes again and nicknacks.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good seats. But you're not gonna catch any fouls.

Real men don't need safety nets in front of them.
Yeah, they put the damned netting up in front of all of the seats. #sonsamabitches
They are taking half of the fun out of most ballparks by adding that stuff because some people can't bother to pay attention to the game.