What is your first impression of DRC?

davejulien

Oct 12, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
This new site is fantastic! Great job guys!

It's really a shame to see SBS go but I welcome DRC with open arms. I'm sure it will live up to the high expectations we former SBS'ers expect. At least now it appears we have more control of things now that TSS has taken over. This is great!

BTW, some of us would be willing to help with any expenses incurred. I kind of liked the "$ Supporter" tag under my name. Just say the word... :)

BTW #2, we should all take a vow not to use SBS URL's in our posts. Who knows when the site will just disappear.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

It's really a shame to see SBS go but I welcome DRC with open arms. I'm sure it will live up to the high expectations we former SBS'ers expect. At least now it appears we have more control of things now that TSS has taken over. This is great!

BTW, some of us would be willing to help with any expenses incurred. I kind of liked the "$ Supporter" tag under my name. Just say the word... :)

BTW #2, we should all take a vow not to use SBS URL's in our posts. Who knows when the site will just disappear.

Amen. I would be happy to help out with expenses once I get my military account set up (few months).

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This is the first time I've gotten on DRC with my computer and I must say that it's much faster and it looks great...:D

I can't wait to see what comes next...:)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

Thanks Dave, I am glad you made it over....

You are probably right about linking so SBS, who knows how long it will be there.

SSF

Oct 12, 2008
New Jersey
www.tss-radio.com
I really like how the Forum looks here. It loads swiftly, has a clean and easy to navigate design and enough funny "smiles" to make it work, though I would add a Sirius and XM "smile" at some point. Just steal it from SBS! :rolleyes:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I really like how the Forum looks here. It loads swiftly, has a clean and easy to navigate design and enough funny "smiles" to make it work, though I would add a Sirius and XM "smile" at some point. Just steal it from SBS! :rolleyes:

:bigthumbup:

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Looks great. Good to see some familar names here. Seems to load much faster than SBS.:bigthumbup:

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Although, the color makes me feel like I've joined the "Dark Side", I feel at home with all my friends from the SBS.

I'm enjoying the new forum. I miss not having a sub forum for each radio, but maybe that will come when new ones are announced and we get a lot of radio specific questions/posts.

Thanks everyone for making the DRC a startup success!

JustDave

Oct 24, 2008
Massachusetts
Just came over from "the other place". I had a different username, but I think I only had like 3 posts so I'll start fresh here.

Everything looks great here -- and fast, of course. :)

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Although, the color makes me feel like I've joined the "Dark Side", I feel at home with all my friends from the SBS.
The black / white contrast hurts my eyes after a while. Perhaps if they could expand the forum areas to take up more of the screen. Aside from that, everything around here is pretty much perfect. Off to a great start! :)

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Perhaps if they could expand the forum areas to take up more of the screen. Aside from that, everything around here is pretty much perfect. Off to a great start! :)

We are working on that. We want to get things set up the way it needs to be first.

Oct 29, 2008
I stumbled upon the site recently. "Digital radio central" caught my eye. I was a little bummed as I first scrolled down, because it appeared to be a sat radio forum at first glance. Then of course looking down further other forums with different tech topics were in place. My sense is as a non sat radio advocate was I was unsure if I should have signed up. The site just seems very heavy on the sat radio side. It is not well balanced with the other topics. Although it is not my site so the owners can do whatever they want with it. Like I said in another thread. If the sat radio discussion stays in the sat radio forums, and does not bleed to other forums. I think it will be a fine site for folks like myself. If sat radio talk bleeds to other forums that I participate in it may cause some heated debates. In a way this site is trying to grab different types of users of different audio mediums. So possibly some conflict could arise if folks are uptight, or closed minded with one medium outlet. Like a internet radio junkie bashing a sat radio junkie or whatever. My overall sense is this is a heavy sat radio board with the other forums as extras for variety for the sat radio folks. Obviously I signed up to at least give it a try. When a saw 50% of the board focused on sat radio. I thought sat radio is not 50% on the consumer market. I don't know the site seems new. I just wonder how you will draw more folks that are non sat radio folks. I seem to be in minority as far as sat radio so it seems I will have to tread lightly on sat radio comments. Keeping in mind many folks here probably take that technology very serious. I will certainly give it a try. I am familiar with sat radio, but I will probably limit my posts. Focus on other forums outside of the sat radio area. I find internet radio is far more popular then sat radio. I guess only time will tell if non sat folks, and pro sat radio folks can hang nicely on the same board. Or if other non sat folks will even have interest in joining. Are you trying to get non sat radio folks to join as well ? Or is your focus sat radio subscribers ? It is not clear to me as a outsider.

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
A lot of the original posters are indeed refugee's from another forum where the focus was on satellite. Because of this many of the posts right now are skewed towards sirius and XM. However it is the intention of the administrators/moderators/and many others to promote all formats of digital content, be it satellite or any other medium.

This will only happen if we can get more people like your self in the door and discussing topics that interest you. I myself have a huge interest in internet based content, from the little shoutcast streams, to some of the newer forms like Pandora and others.

Welcome to the site, have a look around, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the site, or any particular area feel free let us know.