Who Am I? Week #587

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Welcome to the 587th edition of Who Am I?, the weekly game where I dish out a daily clue to a subject and you have to guess who or what it is.

Every day, the clues get easier. The winner of this week's game gets a piece of my gratitude.

This week's subject is a PERSON.

CLUE #1: I was born in the 1930s and had a bad childhood.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Steve McQueen. He never knew his father. His mother was an alcoholic. His stepfather beat him. His second stepfather beat him. He joined a gang and started committing petty crimes. His mother sent him to a home for troubled boys in California. Later came The Blob, The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, The Sand Pebbles, The Thomas Crown Affair, Bullitt, Papillon, The Towering Inferno.......

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Bobby Darin was born in East Harlem. His family was poor. He never knew who his father was and he was 32 when he was finally told that the woman whom he thought was his older sister was actually his mother. The woman who raised him, and who he thought was his mother, was his grandmother.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Ritchie Valens' family was poor. His parents separated when he was young and he lived with his father, a fruit picker. Valens had hits with Donna, La Bamba, Framed, Come On Let's Go and Ooh My Head. He died in a 1959 plane crash that also took the lives of Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Ritchie Valens' family was poor. His parents separated when he was young and he lived with his father, a fruit picker. Valens had hits with Donna, La Bamba, Framed, Come On Let's Go and Ooh My Head. He died in a 1959 plane crash that also took the lives of Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper.
Richard Steven Valenzuela (May 13, 1941 – February 3, 1959), known professionally as Ritchie Valens
-----------------------------------------^^^-----------------------------------------------------------------