Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Tom Petty

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Welcome to the final wild card brackets #5. There is multiple choice votes, the poll will only last a day. The list below are the artist/bands that are tied and 4 can only be advance to the final 64, go vote now.

Cheap Trick
Johnny Cash
Lionel Richie
Neil Young
Tina Turner
Tom Petty

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

Cheap Trick is a bunch of talented guys, I like their music, and I've even seen them live (opening for Squeeze); but they are a tremendously overrated band, and one of the least deserving RRHOF members. They've had a few (very few) hits, which were catchy, but juvenile. They don't belong in the same universe as a band like Rush.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think Neil Yong is talented and certainly should make it on talent but the guy is such a whiney better-than-you prick that I cannot in good conscience vote for him.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Cheap Trick is a bunch of talented guys, I like their music, and I've even seen them live (opening for Squeeze); but they are a tremendously overrated band, and one of the least deserving RRHOF members. They've had a few (very few) hits, which were catchy, but juvenile. They don't belong in the same universe as a band like Rush.
Yeah, but that's rock and roll.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I think Neil Yong is talented and certainly should make it on talent but the guy is such a whiney better-than-you prick that I cannot in good conscience vote for him.
Ripping the fellow Canadian, eh? All the exposure I've had to Neil Young indicates that he's one of the most humble musicians in the business. I think the scale below best represents my feelings.

Better-than-you......................................................................................Humble
Celine Dion...........................................................................................Neil Young
Steven Tyler..........................................................................................Dave Grohl
Kanye West...........................................................................................Tony Bennet

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Ripping the fellow Canadian, eh? All the exposure I've had to Neil Young indicates that he's one of the most humble musicians in the business. I think the scale below best represents my feelings.

Better-than-you......................................................................................Humble
Celine Dion...........................................................................................Neil Young
Steven Tyler..........................................................................................Dave Grohl
Kanye West...........................................................................................Tony Bennet

He tends to lecture on how one should be behaving as if he is some authority. Others have done the same (Bono, Ted Nuggent) and I dislike them for it too.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
And you don't think he should behave that way? Tell us more.

I don't like celebrities telling others how to save the planet or other such stuff. Most of them are hypocrites (flying their private jets to the function to tell us how we should be green). Hypocrisy bothers me.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I don't like celebrities telling others how to save the planet or other such stuff. Most of them are hypocrites (flying their private jets to the function to tell us how we should be green). Hypocrisy bothers me.
So you lecture on how they should be behaving as if you are some authority?

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I could go on DRC and tell others how to save the planet, but it will only reach 12 people. Sting can reach many more, therefore I don't feel his intentions are hypocritical.

If Al Gore can get millions of people to become more environmentally aware, then it doesn't matter how he gets around.