Wolfy New TV

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Few years ago, I bought an Philips 36" LCD TV from Crap-Mart for couple hundred dollars. It worked great until today, I was watching some TV and all the sudden the picture started acting weird some of the pixel colors went out. Plus I was going to have couple of friends come over tomorrow to watch some football. So I broke down and bought myself a new TV today from a much better electronics store. I now own a Samsung 50" LED 1080p Smart TV.

5485291_ra.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Damn it an whole new world watching a much bigger TV in my living room now, I know my brother-in-law will be jealous of me, since mine is bigger. :D I was checking out an college game on it today and it now feels like I am on the field, I can't wait to watch some NFL on it and play some Call of Duty too. Now I need to figure out these built-in apps, kinda cool to check out facebook and twitter on my TV instead logging onto my phone or computer.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Bigger is better - but I suspect you already knew that.

Yep, I originally didn't plan buying an 50" I was checking out the 46" until this one caught my eye and plus it was only $50 bucks extra.

Last night I was playing with some of the apps, I'm enjoying the ESPN SC app, it shows all sports scores on side of my screen. Kinda sucks, there no SiriusXM app, I see pandora which I really have no use for. But I did an search on the web and supposedly samsung is going to incorporate it into there apps, unless I can't find it? But for now I can stream it through the web browser.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Yep, I originally didn't plan buying an 50" I was checking out the 46" until this one caught my eye and plus it was only $50 bucks extra.

Last night I was playing with some of the apps, I'm enjoying the ESPN SC app, it shows all sports scores on side of my screen. Kinda sucks, there no SiriusXM app, I see pandora which I really have no use for. But I did an search on the web and supposedly samsung is going to incorporate it into there apps, unless I can't find it? But for now I can stream it through the web browser.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Now get yourself a Apple TV and you'll be all set.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Must be hard for an Apple fan to buy a Samsung TV :(

Too bad they don't make a 50 inch iPod Touch :idea:

It wasn't hard for me, I like Samsung products. It Android products which I won't buy, because I'm not a fan of that company.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I didn't think so either until I started using, and enjoying, that service.

I have tried Pandora couple of times and I don't care for their service with the commercials after a few songs, plus I'm so use to SiriusXM by now.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Few years ago, I bought an Philips 36" LCD TV from Crap-Mart for couple hundred dollars. It worked great until today, I was watching some TV and all the sudden the picture started acting weird some of the pixel colors went out. Plus I was going to have couple of friends come over tomorrow to watch some football. So I broke down and bought myself a new TV today from a much better electronics store. I now own a Samsung 50" LED 1080p Smart TV.

Enjoy your new TV. Especially your HD sports and streaming. And your Sirius XM.
You just can't beat HD Sports and listening to Sirius XM for home entertainment