Worst Album & Single Art

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
134579-gadgets-feature-53-of-the-worst-album-covers-of-all-time-image34-w5dwecg9kr-jpg.webp

One of Tipper's 'filthy fifteen'.

Blackie Lawless no longer performs the song:

I’m coming from a whole different perspective because I don’t know if you’re aware or not, but I’m a born-again Christian. I’ve not played that song for almost 10 years. That song would not be something I would want to be represented as.

• Haha
Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I always thought that album cover was terrible.
It's funny how people find a way of growing up to spite themselves.

The guy that owned whitehouse.com (a verry NSFW website, if ya know what I mean....) eventually took the site down because he had a daughter and realized how creepy it was for an old guy who doesn't want to think about his daughter like that to make money that way.

Reactions: sadchild

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
While this cover art isn't brutally bad, it's definitely far from good.

Tad_8_Way_Santa_Alternate.jpg

They found the photo at a thrift store. One of the people in the photo had since become a born-again Christian and was upset at this private (lost) photo being made public. So the band had to reissue it with a different cover.

Tad_8_Way_Santa.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The cover of Megadeth's 1994 album Youthanasia showed an elderly woman hanging babies on a clothesline. Unfortunately, there was no People For The Ethical Treatment Of Babies organization to lodge a complaint.

1617505758666.png

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Cure's first album Three Imaginary Boys

Zw.jpeg

Robert Smith:

"I thought the artwork was a bag of shite … It was all (producer/label owner Chris) Parry’s idea, he had his vision of the group that I reluctantly went along with."

Chris Parry:

"My problem with The Cure was, here was a band without an image but with strong music so I thought, ‘Let’s make it completely without an image’ rather than go for the sort of blood, gore and angst display that was popular for album covers at the time. I thought, ‘Let’s make it completely dispassionate, let’s pick the three most mundane things we can possibly find’."

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Cure's first album Three Imaginary Boys

Zw.jpeg

Robert Smith:

"I thought the artwork was a bag of shite … It was all (producer/label owner Chris) Parry’s idea, he had his vision of the group that I reluctantly went along with."

Chris Parry:

"My problem with The Cure was, here was a band without an image but with strong music so I thought, ‘Let’s make it completely without an image’ rather than go for the sort of blood, gore and angst display that was popular for album covers at the time. I thought, ‘Let’s make it completely dispassionate, let’s pick the three most mundane things we can possibly find’."
They clearly didn't think they were going anywhere.

Reactions: sadchild