Would you change your name to texasmotorspeedway.com for $100K?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
In a heartbeat!

$100,000.00 to do that name change for a year along with the tat, not a problem. Count me in.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Certainly bad timing as an April Fools Day joke but it certainly generated TMS's desired response. There are many talking about it.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Dave I don't understand how some members of the media are upset about this story. Getting an April fool's story from Texas motor speedway and being mad about it later is like becoming upset when you learn that wrestling on TV is fake. Did anyone actually believe this story considering the source?

9FNZ

Oct 18, 2008
Dave I don't understand how some members of the media are upset about this story. Getting an April fool's story from Texas motor speedway and being mad about it later is like becoming upset when you learn that wrestling on TV is fake. Did anyone actually believe this story considering the source?

With Bagman and Pistone whining about it this morning and reading Pockrass's blog it sounds as if somebody might be a little bu** hurt...lol The media got their pants pulled down and paddled on the back side on this one by the "king" of self promotion and track promotion. It served its purpose it was a headline story everywhere including Yahoo two nights ago and then i told myself it wreaked of April fools and sure enough. But come on media members all upset over it, get over yourselves for just a few minutes my god.

Dave Moody

Oct 14, 2008
Barre, VT
www.sirius-speedway.com
I'm all for a good April Fools Day joke, and have pulled a few of them myself over the years. However, my calendar had April 1 scheduled for... April 1. Not March 29, 30 or 31, when Eddie Gossage's hoax was perpetrated. Eddie is one of the great promoters of our time, and learned well at the knee of the master, Humpy Wheeler. But I think he overshot the runway on this one.

One man's opinion.