WTD 2008 Week 7 - Praise

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Soar through your day enjoying today's best Gospel. Divinely inspired music with the power to make ya sing, clap and shout! Soar through your day enjoying today's best Gospel.

Sirius Channel 68 - XM Channel 33

Genres; Spirit, Gospel, Church, Christian

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:)

Artists You'll Hear

* Kirk Franklin
* Yolanda Adams
* Shirley Caesar
* Fred Hammond
* BeBe & CeCe Winans
* Tye Tribbett
* Mahalia Jackson
* Hezekiah Walker
* Georgia Mass Choir
* J Moss

24 Hours a Day

praise.gif

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Not really into gospel music, but I do like some of the christian rock that plays on the channel.

I give it 2 stars.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Well this is the first time I've listened and it just wasn't what I expected. Not exactly like the church choir. Other than Point of Grace, I'm not familiar with Christian music. Even if I would have found a better hour, it's so hard to compete with the other music stations. Maybe next year.

:siriusdog:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
it just wasn't what I expected.

I agree with you on that one. I had a different idea of how this channel was going to sound.

After listening to it, I only confirmed to myself that this channel is not my cup of tea.

This channel will not be making the list and I'll give it 2 stars.

Looking forward to Week 8!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Praise is just not my cup of tea and I do love Christian Pop and Contemporary and Southern Gospel. The name suits is perfectly as it is Praise music and this is the music you would hear every Sunday morning in Black churches. I don't say that to mean it is a bad thing, but the type of music is highly spiritual and praising. I have listened to Praise several times and some songs are really great, but to sit and listen for hours, I just couldn't do it.

Anyway.... like I said not my cup of tea. I am more into Enlighten and The Message!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This is one of my favorite channel. It's been a preset of mine for quite some time. I don't listen all the time. Only about once a week, but I truly enjoy the music...:)

I don't think this is a channel for everyone. I guess you have to have a taste for it. I just know that the music puts me in a pleasant mood...:D

Nothing special on this channel. Just good music. I give it 4 out of 5 Stars. Maybe they should have special shows, events, or concerts. That would add an extra start...;)

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Not really my thing, but some gospel music is really well put together.

I give it 2 stars, but I suspect someone who is really into Christianity would get a lot more out of it.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm a Christian but the only times I ever listen to Christian music or Gospel is when I'm at church or during Walk the Dog.

I kind of enjoyed this one... as advertised, Uplifting music, left me in good spirits.

But, I'm a rock and pop music dude, so I probably won't be returning too much to Praise. :cool:

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
Sounds: Traditional and modern gospel

Positives: Another genre not presented on regular radio. A wide variety of artists and not just all rolling around in the aisles at church music; there are some really good rock and smooth r&b jams to be had here too...and some rap!! ha

Negatives: Another channel I'm not really impressed with the imaging on. DJs cut in but don't really impress with delivery or what they have to say

Blastability: Another low one because not really my type of music

Overall: Glad to hear it, but won't hear it again til next WTD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.