WTD 2009 Holidays - Holiday Traditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
From November 16 through December 25, SIRIUS and XM Ch. 4 will play nothing but traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s.

Does the Holiday Season make you think of chestnuts roasting on an open fire? Does it make you dream of a White Christmas? Well SIRIUS|XM has a warm mug of cocoa for you in the form of the timeless traditional recordings from not only Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby, but Andy Williams, Ray Conniff, Mel Torme, and many more. Starting November 16th, Holiday Traditions will be taking over SIRIUS|XM's '40's on 4' and spreading holiday cheer through Christmas Day. It's all the fun of Christmas time, without having to sweep up pine needles or deal with the in-laws.
Channel 4 on Sirius and XM.

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

BlobServer

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
One thing I can say about this channel is the playlist is much deeper than it was last year. It a little bit all over the map, but I like it!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
This is the first year that I recall Sirius offering a traditional holiday music channel, besides the Bing Crosby one. I'm loving this channel. While most of the music was made way before my time, this is a lot of what I grew up listening to, and it feels good to hear it all again.

5 stars!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Great channel. This and Holly are my favorites. If they could keep a year round Christmas Channel, this is the one they should keep. I love the music, but I could careless who the artists are. The Christmas music I grew up with before it became HIP to make a Christmas Album.

5 out of 5 Stars :cool:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I listened to it today and last night and liked it. Good Xmas music. I found Holly could get a bit to popish for my taste. I like my Xmas music traditional for the most part.

I give this one 5 stars.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Probably the best of all the dedicated "Christmas" channels. I listened to it several times and the playlist was much larger this year than last.

However going into the home strech, I found myself listening to Enlighten, which went all Christmas the last 3 days prior to Christmas.

I also enjoyed some time with Escape as well, that was really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.