WTD 2009 Week 12 - Lithium

Discussion in 'WTD Archives' started by Aaron, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I give it a 4. I did like it a bit better pre-merger, there was less band repetition. I would be happy if it was 90's Alt/Grunge rather than Grunge/90's Alt. but that's just me.
    It's Preset #3 for me.

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I seem to be listening to this more lately than I did during the "channel switches" last November. It is not LUCY but will do, I guess.

3. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

That's the whole problem with the genre. You can divide it up like this:
    Grunge (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.)
    Middle stuff (Cake, Weezer, Radiohead, etc.)
    Later stuff (Blink 182, Third Eye Blind, Dave Matthews Band, Bare Naked Ladies perhaps, Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, etc.)

You could almost do two seperate channels, one of grunge and another one with the other stuff. The other issue I have with Lithium is that it needs to include modern stuff by those artists.

4. mccastle

mccastle Member

Love it!! 5 stars

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Right now they have the genre split by time: 1st Wave = 80s, Lithium = 90s, Alt Nation = 00s. They could scrap that and have artists that fit the 3 categories you mention on 3 different channels regardless of when the song was released.

6. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Perhaps. However, some of the stuff on First Wave may not make sense on Lithium.

First Wave = 80's and more current, but ONLY IF that band had stuff in the 80's.
    Lithium = 90's and now, but ONLY IF that band had stuff in the 90's.
    Alt Nation = Now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.