Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Special Limited Engagement:
The Billy Joel Channel

Begins March 26, 6pm ET

Channel 4
Channel 705 online

SiriusXM proudly presents The Billy Joel Channel, a new exclusive channel celebrating Billy Joel’s legendary career. The limited-run channel will launch on Wednesday, March 26 at 6pm ET and will run through June 25, via satellite on channel 4. The Billy Joel Channel will also be available online on SiriusXM Internet Radio channel 705, and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App.

The Billy Joel Channel will feature music spanning the Rock & Roll Hall of Famer’s 50-year career: from his earliest work with The Echoes in 1964, to his solo debut Cold Spring Harbor from 1971, through his upcoming release, A Matter of Trust: The Bridge to Russia. The Billy Joel Channel will also feature 40 years of archival interviews, including excerpts from his “Masters Class†sessions that he conducts periodically to music students around the world, as well as rarities from the vaults, previously unavailable studio tracks and live performances captured in his earliest days as a performer.

You’ll also hear Billy discuss his legendary career and share commentary about his music, and long-time members of Billy’s touring band will reveal experiences about their time on the road together during special Guest DJ sessions.

For more information on Billy Joel, visit www.billyjoel.com.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I listened for almost two hours this morning. It is good :)

Nice little snippets of Billy every now and then. Factoids of Billy's songs once or twice an hour.

Great songs. Half the songs I've never heard like A Minor Variation & Shades of Grey :)

Plus all the standers like Big Shot, Only the Good Die Young, Uptown Girl ...

I'll listen more later. I want to hear more live stuff :cool:

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Listened for a couple of hours today.
I like some of his songs, and this reminded me of how good of a songwriter he is, but it's not my cup of tea. The little interview bumpers were probably the most interesting part for me.

I may tune in a couple more times, but like most of the SAC's, the lack of variety doesn't hold me very long.

Reactions: semipenguin

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
The best thing about SXM is variety. LE channels like this one are icing on the cake and a future recording target.

Still beam when people ask me whats playing and I list a few of our channels and programs. Best moment was a reply to Casey Kasem's top 40 countdown of, "Isn't he dead?". Runner up reply was the resistance to ask what Little Steven's Underground Garage was all about.