WTD - St. Patty's Day Radio

Discussion in 'WTD Archives' started by Fergz99, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

Have they released the schedule for Saint Patrick's day yet ?

2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Rock Radio ? Listen to Rock Music Station on Sirius Satellite Radio ? Spectrum

Celebrate the music of Ireland on SIRIUS XM with St. Patty's Day Radio, a day-long event starting Wednesday, March 17, at 6 am ET. Join host Larry Kirwan, founder and frontman of Celtic rock band Black 47 and host of the Spectrum's Celtic Crush, as he plays music from Irish rock acts such as U2 and Van Morrison; traditional artists like the Chieftains and Clancy Bros; and contemporary groups Dropkick Murphys and Floggying Molly. Also hear special segments from Irish and Irish-American celebrities sharing their favorite Irish tunes and St. Patrick's Day memories and traditions.

3. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

Thanks Arron !

I'll check it out, but I wonder why they aren't doing it on the Village

4. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

I listened to a little of this today and it was okay, but in true sirius faction they couldn't skip the rock and roll and it kind of effected the vibe.

U2 and Sinead O'Conner are Irish, their music is not. When they did XM Green on Fine Tuning and Radio Ireland on the Village they didn't mix in the rock and I think it was better.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I agree... I enjoyed it more for the true sounds of Irish music, than for the Van Morrison / U2 type stuff. And I certainly understand why they played that.
    I always enjoy special holiday programming like this!

6. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Very cool different type music. I enjoyed it. 4 of 5 stars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.