XMp3 Review

Discussion in 'XM Portables' started by DAB, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

Angel on one shoulder, devil on the other :eek:

Who will win? That is the question :shifty:

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well if his penis is large enough that he can handle a little shrinkage... you are probably right! LOL ;)

Subliminal Message to Learjet35A
    XMp3... XMp3! I gotta have an XMp3. I can live with a smaller penis, if snakester can do it, so can I!

3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Don't listen to him. It will add 3 inches.

4. snakester

snakester Member

If it did (which I think I would have notice by now lol :p) I might actually be able to live with it because of the sheer awesomeness that seeps out of this radio. Or maybe both you and IRBS are right... it grows 3 overnight and then shrinks 3 teh next morning:eek:

5. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

Does anyone know if the xmp3 will work with the Altec Lansing IMX2 speaker dock? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-IMX2-Laptop-Portable/dp/B000BS2IPG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1229802911&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Altec Lansing IMX2 Laptop Portable Audio: Electronics[/ame]

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

What you trying to say, he gets turn on? LOL

I heard that! LOL IRBS is talking about the initial turn on when you first get it! hehehe

I do agree with you though this thing is awesome no doubt about it.

7. snakester

snakester Member

8. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

Your probably right, but they went back to the universal dock connector after the inno. Which some people on sbs actually wired to work with the Stiletto. I was hoping.

9. snakester

snakester Member

Unlikely, as they do have the same connector but different pinouts. For example, connecting the Stiletto antenna headphones to the XMp3 causes the radio to shut down and not start up again until after the headphones are removed. Also, I don't see how you could rewire the connector, as all the pins aren't intact. Only the ones needed to connect the particular accessory.

EDIT: Just tried connecting my XMp3 antenna headphones to MyFi. Radio plays sound through them but recoginzes them as a LINE OUT accessory, so the pins are different. This means the XM dock above MIGHT work.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  10. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

I understand what you mean. I don't want to rewire the connector. What I mean is, I know its unlikely that it will work, but I also know that xm switched back to a universal connector, so it's possible that the xmp3 will work. I believe that the xmp3 has the same dock connector that radios designed for the imx2 has. The Inno is actually the oddball. I know that the pinouts are different between the xm2go and the sirius radios. I also know that the inno and the xmp3 are different. I don't think we know for sure that the xm2go and the xmp3 are so different as not to work.

11. snakester

snakester Member

I hadn't looked at my MyFi in a long time, and now I see that you're right, they do have identical connectors. However, the pinouts are most likely different. If that dock you're looking at has all of the pins, you'll most likely be able to use it after a bit of reverse engineering. However, if it only has the pins necessary to make itself work with the Xm2go radios, you'll probably not have much luck, as the pinouts would have to be exactly the same. THey could be, but you'd be taking a chance.

12. snakester

snakester Member

From what I read over at XMFan (i'm gonna try it tomorrow) there's a firmware update for the XMp3 addressing the crossfade problem.

That was my only complaint about the radio (other than missing channel logos, but that's sirius mismanagement at its finest) so now I have to say this thing is my dream device.

13. adeedew

adeedew New Member

So i just cancelled my Stiletto 2/Sirius account to move to XM to try this XMP3. First of all, bestbuy extended warranty plan saved me! I started with the S50, crap, then got Stiletto 1, crap, Stiletto 2, all under same warranty but problem after problem. All of these units in my opinion are just no good. Delete recorded content etc, really really over it. Since Sirius/XM have same programming mostly now, i switched. I still have Sirius in the car im keeping. I just cant take how bad their portable units are and customer care/knowledge and lack of firmware updates are. Recently i noticed the portable live reception got way better here on the westcoast on the SL2, nice. I was hoping XMP3 was same or better but doesn't seem to be, bummer. Have to keep it docked it seems, but at least it comes with a home dock, imagine that?! I also noticed my Ipod headphones keep the volume way low, have to use their headphones to listen, that's odd. I'll miss wifi of the SL2. Recording 5 stations at once?! That's great! So far, seems alot more stable than SL2. Looking forward to a stable portable satellite receiver...time will tell...

14. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

I'm going to buy this thing, but wanted to know something about the power cord.

My car has a hard wired power cord running to an Inno, can I use the same power cord to plug into the XMP3 car dock?

Thanks!

15. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

I'm going to buy this thing, but wanted to know something about the power cord.

My car has a hard wired power cord running to an Inno car dock, can I use the same power cord to plug into the XMP3 car dock?

Thanks!

16. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

The XMP3 used 5V DC. I think all XM Radios use that. Check the back of your Inno :)

17. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

just FYI, the XMP3 uses the same power plug as all the 5v Sirius radios

18. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

My SL-100 works fine on the same power cord, so I must be good to go.

19. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

I see it can record 5 channels at once. Can you record one channel and listen to another?

20. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Yes you can. You can record 4 and listen to 1 too.