Xpress not remembering last channel and not finding stations.

Discussion in 'XM Plug and Plays' started by MAJ Badmotherfarker, Dec 5, 2010.

1. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

This new Xpress isn't behaving like my old one. It always starts on channel 1 rather than whatever it was on when the car was turned off and it takes several minutes after coming on to find all the stations (ie, things like 100/101 are "not available" for 2-3 minutes).

Ideas?

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Do you let the car turn it off upon shutting off the engine? If so, try turning off the XM unit before that. Not sure if that will work but worth a try.

3. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Yea, I just turn the engine off. My old Xpress though remembered what channel it was on and never had to search for subscription.

4. goreds2

Let me know if my suggestion works. You got me curious now.

5. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I'll try it. But, the old Express, that was in the same car, didn't require that. I'm wondering if there's some setting that I'm missing.

6. goreds2

Did it work? (Powering off unit before the engine)

7. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Haven't tried it yet. Wife drives the car, I take the metro. Have to wait till I drive again.

8. goreds2

Just sneak in dag nab it. :hhh:

9. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I did try it and it did work. Also, it seems to only "forget" the channels when we start the car in the garage. Yesterday, it remembered all day the channel it was on while we were driving around looking at new cars. Not sure what the deal is.

10. goreds2

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Your old one remembered it was subscribed. Now that you have powered it off normally, your new one will too. It shouldn't be an issue anymore even if you just turn the car off now.