Xtra Channels

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by MadisonRadio1, Jan 16, 2015.

1. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Lynx, Edge, Onyx Plus
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Krishna Das Yoga Radio Ch. 360
    Live from Bhaktifest featuring Govind Das and RadhaSat Jan 17 12:00 pm ET
    Govind Das and Radha are California-based bhakti yogis --a husband and wife team of kirtan singers! They teach bhakti and hatha yoga and lead retreats around the world, www.govindasandradha.com
    Rebroadcast: Sun Jan 18 4:00 pm ET, Mon Jan 19 10:00 am ET, Tue Jan 20 9:00 pm ET

Facebook: 3,176 people like SiriusXM Krishna Das Yoga Radio.

HecticArt likes this.
  2. MadisonRadio1

Catching all of Tom Petty's episodes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom Petty's Buried Treasure Ch. 312
    Tom Petty pulls together a set of little-known musical delights and classic tracks alike. He articulately and passionately introduces you to his first love: the music.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Tom does a good job with that show. He plays stuff I would NOT expect him to.

Sent from Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  4. MadisonRadio1

I'm glad I tried it. I guess the new episodes are on Deep Tracks.

HecticArt likes this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I just noticed my typo. He plays stuff I would NOT expect him to play. Fixed it....

greenearth and MadisonRadio1 like this.
  6. MadisonRadio1

Ah. That makes more sense. I was surprised by all the different, unique and rare mixes. My original thought was that it was going to be all late 70's early 80's rock so I never gave it chance until now.

HecticArt likes this.
  7. MadisonRadio1

My favorite xtra channel:

Luna Ch.530
    Arranca la fiesta con los clásicos rítmos latinos y afro-cubanos, mezclados con excelente jazz instrumental! Latin percussion and Afro-Cuban rhythms blended with Jazz for a fun-filled musical journey, with selections from Tito Puente, Eddie Palmieri, Cal Tjader, Paquito D’Rivera, Chucho Valdes, Dizzy Gillespie, Mongo Santamaria, and more.

HecticArt likes this.
  8. MadisonRadio1

A good one for Valentine's:

Viva Ch.500
    Nuestra musica refresca tu dia con las estrellas mas brillantes del pop que te hace sonreir, el rock que te mueve y las baladas que te enamoran. ¡VÍVELO with Viva! Our music brightens your day with the most refreshing pop stars that make you smile, the rock that moves you and the ballads that make you fall in love.

Facebook: 383 people like SiriusXM Viva

HecticArt likes this.
  9. MadisonRadio1

This will come in handy for the March Madness:

Sports Center Ch.370
    This is your one-stop channel for the latest sports news! Stay on top of what’s happening in sports with ESPN SportsCenter. Heard live throughout the day, the same ESPN SportsCenter you watch on TV is now available on your satellite radio.

HecticArt likes this.
  10. MadisonRadio1

Or some college rock during March Madness:

Classic College Radio Ch319
    The roots of indie rock started on college campuses across North America. SiriusXM brings the spirit and the passion of those early days of indie rock with Classic College Radio! Hear Sonic Youth, The Replacements, The Pixies, R.E.M., Bjork, Guided by Voices and more.

11. MadisonRadio1

I thought this would be a good channel for the rebroadcast of The Village Folk Music Show on Sundays. It seems to be open to a mix of different music.

Red, White and Booze Ch 350
    The music of country-themed bars and honky tonks across America, featuring a mix of country and rock songs from artists like Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd and more.

12. MadisonRadio1

POPTROPOLIS Ch300 Starting Aug13th. Pop mix of 80's-2000's.

I think this could be a good one.

EricfromTx, Aaron and HecticArt like this.
  13. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Super Shuffle...kind of??

14. MadisonRadio1

Yes perhaps. Maybe like Party Mega Mix. Didn't Super Shuffle play everything? Rock, Pop, Country, Jazz, Beethoven, all era's.

With this and Road Trip Radio it could be good listening.

HecticArt likes this.
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'll give it a shot.
    If they don't go too bubblegum, it could be fun.

16. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Sadly, I don't entirely remember, but I seem to remember it being mostly a mix of pop, country and rock from the 60s to the 00s. I don't remember jazz or classical.

17. MadisonRadio1

I don't think it will. Otherwise, they probably would have called it Populicious :)

HecticArt likes this.
  18. MadisonRadio1

Another new channel starting Aug 13:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SiriusXM Turbo, a new channel featuring hard rock and nu-metal from the '90s to the early 2000s, will be available on Channel 314.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice for the hard rock fans. But there will no longer be an type of Jazz offering on Xtra channels when Luna goes to Internet only.

HecticArt likes this.
  19. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

It's clear SXM sees rock as their money maker. Certainly different from the original XM philosophy.

20. MadisonRadio1

I hear you can now get the All Access Plan month to month. With the Village and now Luna being Internet only, I think I'm finally going to give in and change my Select radio plan to All Access, especially if the app is supposed to be dramatically improved.