Your Favorite Albums Of 2020

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
A co-worker (who also has SXM) and I have given each other a list of our fav songs of the year for many years now. She finally gave me her list. Here it is with my initial reaction to each song underneath (and the five star rating we always give each other's songs).

Top Songs of 2020

The Reckoning - Foxhall Stacks
**** This rocks, adding it to my playlist

Nineteen-Eighty – Joe Satriani
***1/2 Yep that’s good stuff.

Eat Me – Ozzy Osbourne
***1/2 An Ozzy track opening with harmonica was a surprise. I dig it though.

Dangerous – Soraia
***1/2 Pretty good, tapping my toe. I wouldn’t shut it off when it came on again.

Night Train – Cocktail Slippers
*** Eh, it’s alright. Funny little GNR nod in the middle.

I’m Not Okay (I Promise) – Not Ur Girlfrenz
*1/2 You’re kidding, right…? I didn’t like the original but I like this even less.

Make Me Hot – Dollyrots
** Pass the Hubba Bubba. It’s an 80s pop song with louder guitars. Generic and kinda bimbo.

Over You – Kurt Baker
** An Elvis Costello 45 played at 33 1/3.

Lido Shuffle – Kurt Rodgers & The Dirty Gems
**1/2 Love the original. This is meh- ok I guess. The recording bugs me. Sounds like it was recorded in 1968.

City On Fire – Cocktail Slippers
**1/2 Ok I get it. You still like the Go Gos and the Bangles.

Got a New Thing – Brian Ray
*** Good. With better (more expensive) production it would probably be a 4 star. Reminds me of Danko Jones but with less adrenaline.

Find My Way – Paul McCartney
** I loved his Egypt Station album. But everything I’ve heard since hasn’t clicked with me.

WHAT?!?! NO WOLFGANG VAN HALEN? IT CAME OUT IN NOVEMBER, WE WERE BOTH LISTENING TO IT THAT MONTH. MACCA’S SONG CAME OUT IN DECEMBER. TELL ME THIS WAS JUST A CLERICAL ERROR!!