Zune hardware is going the way of the Dodo...

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I thought you were done? You still going!

I don't care which items out sales which either, but clearly when one dominates the market as the iPod and iPad has that says a lot about that product and the market speaks for itself. I am sorry that you don't get that, but its a fact. I understand that in the end sales alone isn't necessarily the only way to gauge a product. It clearly is the way we judge companies and value or devalue their stock.

However, I don't think a company has to out sale another to be a fine product. They have to sell enough of them to sustain their business or it has to be subsidized with the sales from other products. Which is what MS did with the Zune. Finally they have decided this is one product line they can't win with and have opted to change their strategy. XBox 360 was subsidized for years, but finally caught fire. MS hoped the Zune would too, but it didn't. I would say I guess MS is lucky that Apple doesn't have a gaming box, but that would be arrogant. LOL GEEZ!

Why does it bother you so much that I would say the iPod kicked the Zune's ass? It just a figure of speech. Why does it bother you so much that I've said the Xoom was destined fail and then laid out my reason. Who knows the Xoom is releasing their Wifi only version, it may actually make a comeback. They have even priced it in line with iPad. Apple will not always be on top, there day is coming where there is going to be an tablet come on the market that is going to kick their asses. But I guess if I said that about the other company kicking Apple's ass you'd be okay with that. You really crack me up bro, but what is sad is you are serious! Rule 62!

The big question is why does any of that have any freaking impact on you whatsoever? You accuse me of being arrogant and you don't know two freaking things about me personally. I am so far from arrogant and if you'd quit taking shit so personally you'd quickly see that.

It doesn't bother me. Like I said I just don't see how someone can treat a company like a sports team. I find it hilarious that you would say that it kicked such and suches ass. No I would not be ok if it was Apple getting beat out by such and such company. I don't care who wins. If I was like that I never would have bought as many Ipods and Ipod touches as I have. I wouldn't have even considered getting a Mac. You may not be arrogant per se, but when it comes to talking about Apple you are. I wish others who have talked me would speak up so I don't look like the only one that thinks this.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It doesn't bother me. Like I said I just don't see how someone can treat a company like a sports team. I find it hilarious that you would say that it kicked such and suches ass. No I would not be ok if it was Apple getting beat out by such and such company. I don't care who wins. If I was like that I never would have bought as many Ipods and Ipod touches as I have. I wouldn't have even considered getting a Mac. You may not be arrogant per se, but when it comes to talking about Apple you are. I wish others who have talked me would speak up so I don't look like the only one that thinks this.

Really it doesn't bother you, so you decided today was the day you were going to make it known that you think DAB is arrogant. LOL

I am waiting on you to show me where I've said those other products suck? I fail to see the relevance of what I think about one company beating out another has to do with you? You've yet to respond to my valid argument that sales wise Apple has proven themselves to be a leader. Are their products absolutely the best, nope and I don't think you can show me where I've said that either. I've said for me the way I live my life with the ecosystem I have in place their products work. I have also been very strongly pro choice with their being a lot of competition.

When it comes to talking about Apple products I indeed have strong opinions. I post on dozens of forums and my strong opinions are sometimes appreciated and sometimes I am disagreed with. But instead of disagreeing with me and making your own point, you want to make this personal by calling me arrogant. Because if I am so arrogant and all that I post is just Apple fluff you should be able to give an opposing opinion that sets the record straight. Shouldn't that be what this thread is about? Since when are threads suppose to be diverted to talk about the posters and not the actual topic itself.

I don't want to talk about you personally or to give my opinion about you. Nope, I want to talk about the topic and make may case based on that. Perhaps if you did this instead of just reading what I post and getting all worked up about it, you wouldn't take my post so personally when they aren't. Oh I am sure there are others here that agree with you. I bet I could almost name them for you, but I won't. Forums are about opinions, opinions related to the topics, not each other.

Last edited:

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Really it doesn't bother you, so you decided today was the day you were going to make it known that you think DAB is arrogant. LOL

I am waiting on you to show me where I've said those other products suck? I fail to see the relevance of what I think about one company beating out another has to do with you? You've yet to respond to my valid argument that sales wise Apple has proven themselves to be a leader. Are their products absolutely the best, nope and I don't think you can show me where I've said that either. I've said for me the way I live my life with the ecosystem I have in place their products work. I have also been very strongly pro choice with their being a lot of competition.

When it comes to talking about Apple products I indeed have strong opinions. I post on dozens of forums and my strong opinions are sometimes appreciated and sometimes I am disagreed with. But instead of disagreeing with me and making your own point, you want to make this personal by calling me arrogant. Because if I am so arrogant and all that I post is just Apple fluff you should be able to give an opposing opinion that sets the record straight. Shouldn't that be what this thread is about? Since when are threads suppose to be diverted to talk about the posters and not the actual topic itself.

I don't want to talk about you personally or to give my opinion about you. Nope, I want to talk about the topic and make may case based on that. Perhaps if you did this instead of just reading what I post and getting all worked up about it, you wouldn't take my post so personally when they aren't. Oh I am sure there are others here that agree with you. I bet I could almost name them for you, but I won't. Forums are about opinions, opinions related to the topics, not each other.

You never said those things sucked. I think I made that statement in my last post. I also did not just decide just say you were arrogant. I was reading a lot of your recent posts and I though to myself...... What the F has happened to DAB? The guy that was so level headed and full of info has lost it. Now you come out with a "Another great fail by Moto, really not surprising", or a "My rating: FAIL" before the product is even out. Then I read "They will sell a few, but I am still predicting ultimately failure early or not! I can do that. LOL" Again I'm thinking who is this guy? Why is he being so arrogant? Then in your Android thread I read "Nuff Said!" Last but not least I read "I wonder when the Courier or was that Slate Pad is coming out. OH that's rather they canned that too. Nevermind"

DAB those are some arrogant statments. How can you not see that? I didn't make this personal. You took it personal. I'm just trying to point out some things out so maybe we can get the real DAB back. Not the one that says fail!!! before something is even on the market.

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
DAB those are some arrogant statments. How can you not see that? I didn't make this personal. You took it personal. I'm just trying to point out some things out so maybe we can get the real DAB back. Not the one that says fail!!! before something is even on the market.

In your opinion those are arrogant statements. In my opinion I have shared my views and it seems many of those statements have turned out to be true.

How you choose to take what I post is about you. I am amazed how something that someone post seems to bother you so damn much that you decided to make this thread about that.

Ehilbert1:

DAB is going to bash Windows and Android. It's what he does. Logic won't change that.

MEM to the rescue, just couldn't help yourself eh bro. LOL

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
In your opinion those are arrogant statements. In my opinion I have shared my views and it seems many of those statements have turned out to be true.

How you choose to take what I post is about you. I am amazed how something that someone post seems to bother you so damn much that you decided to make this thread about that.

MEM to the rescue, just couldn't help yourself eh bro. LOL

I don't know how else to take those statements. They just come across as smug and arrogant. Like I said I'm just wondering what happened to the guy that didn't make those kind of statements. You were always one of my favorite posters. This is my last post on the subject.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I don't know how else to take those statements. They just come across as smug and arrogant. Like I said I'm just wondering what happened to the guy that didn't make those kind of statements. You were always one of my favorite posters. This is my last post on the subject.

Well Ehil, I appreciate your concern, but once again and for the final time I think you take this stuff personally when its not. I unfortunately can't help that, I just don't understand again why it bothers you so much. If you felt I had gone astray, why not send me a PM? By the way how to take those statements is to read them accept them for the value they have to you or not and then go on about your business.

I have always appreciated your post. No, we don't always agree, but people that are independent thinkers and tech savvy often times don't agree. The conversations while sometimes heated have always been respectful.

I enjoy a good spirited debate on a specific topic, but I don't care for these discussions when they get personal. You made this personal rather you meant too or not you did.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Well the 360 has done well and know this new devices that connects, Kenectic or whatever it is call is doing damn well for them. So, not a total disaster. .

Yeah I made a point to exclude the xBox line.

So how is that Slate? hehehe

Without MS reworking Win7 for a touch screen it is almost unusable.

I like their keyboards and the mice aren't bad, though I actually have Logitech keyboard and mouse.
When you compare like that keyboards and mouse they really are much more expensive. Logitech I think kicks their butts on stuff like this.

Keyboards and mice are commodity products, I guess MS makes a few sheckles sticking their name on them but they're nothing special. My fav keyboard is a $11 Dell paired with a $12 Dell mouse. cheap and good lol.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah I made a point to exclude the xBox line.

Without MS reworking Win7 for a touch screen it is almost unusable.

Keyboards and mice are commodity products, I guess MS makes a few sheckles sticking their name on them but they're nothing special. My fav keyboard is a $11 Dell paired with a $12 Dell mouse. cheap and good lol.

GoodDog do you know if MS is actually working on a touch enabled version of Windows 7, just curious? I like Win 7 in terms of being a non touch OS.

You are absolutely right about the keyboard and mice being a commodity product. I wonder who makes them for MS. I could probably find out if I wanted to take the time to do so. hehehe

By the way those Labs in your avatar is that your dogs?

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
GoodDog do you know if MS is actually working on a touch enabled version of Windows 7, just curious? I like Win 7 in terms of being a non touch OS.

Yes, the Touch Win 7 was suppose to be out this year, its been pushed back to 2012.

By the way those Labs in your avatar is that your dogs?

I do have two black Labs, but the avatar pic isn't them. Here they are

IMG_0422_edited-3.jpg

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I do have two black Labs, but the avatar pic isn't them. Here they are

Nice dogs! I use to raise Labs, but switched to Husky's a few years ago. I personally like all breads though. Even the heinz 57 ones! LOL

WIN 7 touch 2012, thanks for the info.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Nice dogs! I use to raise Labs, but switched to Husky's a few years ago. I personally like all breads though. Even the heinz 57 ones! LOL

WIN 7 touch 2012, thanks for the info.

Thats great DAB, dogs are a blast. Did you raise the dogs for a organization?

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Thats great DAB, dogs are a blast. Did you raise the dogs for a organization?

Actually yes, I raised them for a company that has dozens of nursing homes around the state. They use the dogs to help with geriatric patients. These dogs seem to work miracles sometimes it is an amazing thing to see in action.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Actually yes, I raised them for a company that has dozens of nursing homes around the state. They use the dogs to help with geriatric patients. These dogs seem to work miracles sometimes it is an amazing thing to see in action.

Very cool, tip of the hat to you.

Have you read this book? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Izzy-Lenore-Dogs-Unexpected-Journey/dp/0812977742/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1300830396&sr=8-9]Amazon.com: Izzy & Lenore: Two Dogs, an Unexpected Journey, and Me (9780812977745): Jon Katz: Books[/ame]

Well written, Its about the author and his dog doing volunteer work with hospice patients. Its very touching to see what these dogs can do.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Very cool, tip of the hat to you.

Have you read this book?

Well written, Its about the author and his dog doing volunteer work with hospice patients. Its very touching to see what these dogs can do.

I have not, but based on your recommendation have ordered it.

Thanks for sharing the link with me.