2010 MLB Season Thread

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Opening Day is only a month away...

Expectations for your team? I don't have many for the Astros.

Oswalt vs. Lincecum (presumably) on Opening Day should be a good one.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have never been more unexcited about a MLB season ever. The Jays WILL suck. I have this expectation of them. Unfortunatly both the Yankees and Red Sox will be likely good again this year.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I'm very excited about this year. The offense is improved, the minor league system has some real interesting prospects waiting to come up, and the pitching should be very, very good. I want to maintain my optimism throughout the dog days of summer and into the do or die of the playoffs.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm hopeful for my Tigers, but mostly excited for the season to get going. Opening day is my biggest unofficial party holiday. I can't wait to get out there in the sun with a cold beer or 6 and a hotdog. Didn't make any Tigers games and we got rained out of the Cubs game last summer. I did make 12 or 14 Mud Hens games though. PLAY BALL!
Posted via Mobile Device

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Cuban phenom Aroldis Chapman

alg_chapman.jpg

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
Looks like another long year for my Royals, I'm not getting my hopes up, but hopefully Zack Greinke can win another Cy Young award. GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Looks like another long year for my Royals, I'm not getting my hopes up, but hopefully Zack Greinke can win another Cy Young award. GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!

Sticking with your team no matter what. I like that. You do not find many "true" fans anymore.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
"Did you realize that six of eight Astros regulars were 33 or older last year? That five of the six pitchers who got the most starts -- two of whom were Brian Moehler and Mike Hampton -- were 30 or older? And that the team has arguably the worst farm system in baseball? Wade isn't to blame for all of this. But he certainly hasn't done anything about it.'' — Sports Illustrated's Tim Marchman in ranking Ed Wade MLB's 29th-best general manager. Tampa Bay's Andrew Friedman ranks as game's best general manager - Tim Marchman - SI.com

That made me excited for this season!

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I have never been more unexcited about a MLB season ever. The Jays WILL suck. I have this expectation of them. Unfortunatly both the Yankees and Red Sox will be likely good again this year.

It's a good season for the Royals if they don't lose 100 games. I like listening to a baseball game on the porch on a nice summer day, with an ice tea or ice cold one, but if they constantly lose it kinda loses it's appeal. I'd rather go inside and play NFL 2010 on the PS3.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008

Hey, don't sweat it. All the baseball experts(East Coast, that is)will tell you that the Yankees and their payroll are what's good for baseball.

I pull for the Royals(I'm not an AL guy)in hopes that an organization can really win primarily with talent nurtured from their own system.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I pull for the Royals(I'm not an AL guy)in hopes that an organization can really win primarily with talent nurtured from their own system.

That's essentially what the Rockies have been doing for a while. They got rid of all their big, bloated contracts, traded for young prospects, and had them come up through the system. And now are starting in the majors, and have been in contention for the playoffs two of the last three seasons, and this year should be no different, provided everyone stays healthy.

I think you guys will finish a bit ahead of us (Tribe) this year, so maybe you can nip at the heels of whoever is in third. Probably The Sox.

I'm not really gonna set myself up to look at the Indians season in terms of wins and losses. As long as we get a couple of these prospects breaking out with 20 hr/60-70 rbi and some good fielding, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Raceimages

Nov 17, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.raceimages.net
I expect nothing less than the playoffs this year from the Tigers. They just need to figure out a way to beat the Royals, don't know what it is but KC has the Tigers number over the last few years.

Really looking forward to getting back to AT&T in April, I have tickets for 22 games this year, but June 26th is going to be a fun day, Red Sox-Giants at 4:05 folowed by a quick trip across the bay on BART for the Pirates-A's game.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I expect nothing less than the playoffs this year from the Tigers. They just need to figure out a way to beat the Royals, don't know what it is but KC has the Tigers number over the last few years.

Really looking forward to getting back to AT&T in April, I have tickets for 22 games this year, but June 26th is going to be a fun day, Red Sox-Giants at 4:05 folowed by a quick trip across the bay on BART for the Pirates-A's game.

Sell out at AT&T...probably 10,000 in Oakland.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008

That guy goes to most of the games for both ball clubs, though I would think he's able to get into Oakland a lot easier. I used to see him at Candlestick all the time. I think he also goes to 49ers games.

He's a poor man's Crazy George, another Bay Area lunatic, who once scolded me as a kid for not remaining still during the Star Spangled Banner while at a San Jose State basketball game.