Channel change(s) Tuesday June 16?

sirius19010

Oct 29, 2008
I heard a liner on PopRocks that said it's moving "on Tuesday" from channel 17 to channel 12.
That would seem to displace one of the two remaining iHeart channels.
Also, it would seem to free up Channel 17 for something else ... I'm guessing in the Rock genre.
I looked at the SXM website, blog ... no mention. Tried a chat with SXM customer service, they said they know nothing about it. Sent an email to PopRocks ... no reply.
Could be just two channel moves ... could be larger. Was wondering if anyone has heard anything.
Thanks.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
And I thought yacht season would stick around til Labor day. Remember, it's the kind of rock that doesn't rock the boat.

For the record I prefer Rock Bar.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Stay at home radio is gone. Not that I listed too much anymore.

The Bridge is now 17. My preset in the car moved automagically although it still said 32.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I couldn't listen to Stay at home very long at all. Most of the time 3 or 4 songs was about it.

So Yacht Rock is gone?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I don't think the Mrs has gotten to listen since she's been working at home, but she'll still be happy it's around somewhere.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
The other one (KISS-FM) should go also to streaming only and off the sats as well- we can only hope :)

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I don't see how Dave Matthews is popular enough for their own channel.
These are the setlists from the 2 nights they played in Boston when I saw them. No repeats. They've been around a long time and put out a lot of music. They had just put out a new album when we went.
1593086150806.png

I can imagine that if you hadn't heard a DMB song since Ants Marching, you'd think they were undeserving of a channel.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
These are the setlists from the 2 nights they played in Boston when I saw them. No repeats. They've been around a long time and put out a lot of music. They had just put out a new album when we went.
View attachment 6343

I can imagine that if you hadn't heard a DMD song since Ants Marching, you'd think they were undeserving of a channel.

In truth I can’t even name that song. I have heard them but they are just filler music for me. Just there until the next song comes on. Not special enough to take note of the song name. On the positive not bad enough to change the channel.

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
In truth I can’t even name that song. I have heard them but they are just filler music for me. Just there until the next song comes on. Not special enough to take note of the song name. On the positive not bad enough to change the channel.
Given that your favorite songs barely make it out of the 80's, do you think you should be weighing-in on a very popular band whose music spans the late 90's and 2000's? I haven't seen a single MCU movie, but I know they're extremely popular, so I refrain from making judgments about them.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Given that your favorite songs barely make it out of the 80's, do you think you should be weighing-in on a very popular band whose music spans the late 90's and 2000's? I haven't seen a single MCU movie, but I know they're extremely popular, so I refrain from making judgments about them.
I do have a lot of songs I like from the 90s and very early y2k. But you are right, they are not top 20. Probably in my top 100 if I tracked that far. As far as I know thought opinions are still free to state and unless I am actually a judge, judgements of this sort are also perfectly fine.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
7/1/20- Changes:

Channel 32- U2 X radio launch
Channel 758-Iceberg--> Poplandia
(Not sure if Iceberg is no longer available anymore through other sources or the provider replaced with new content)

Reactions: HecticArt