MLB home plate on Sirius?????

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
true, and i don't even listen to the bridge. lol

what i don't get is why don't they put that mess on 113 instead of using a dedicated music channel. once again, makes no sense to me, but i'm just the consumer and i didn't stay at a holiday inn last night.

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if in fact the BOXM is going to include MLB games, then Sirius should fire whoever does their marketing because they left a LOT of money on the table. Many people (myself included) would have jumped on the BOXM package rather than waiting to know if the games were on.

The fact that they put Home Plate on the BOXM package and still don't promote that fact much makes me think even more that the games aren't going to be in the BOXM package because they are afraid of misleading people. Hope I'm wrong....

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Plus the fact that they dont have something that says click to see MLB Schedule is making me wonder if we are getting games on the platform.

Couchpotato

Dec 19, 2008
Michigan
We'll find out on Wednesday, when the spring games start on XM, if they are on BOXM I would guess...I'm waiting, myself, to add it if they are...

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
and you should taco, even if it's a month without mlb. i'm probably going have to switch because they will more than likely force the major markets down our throats, where as i won't hardly get to hear royals games.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
thanks gored. like i've said before, the only way we'll know what channel the games will be on is to listen to the "what's on sirius xm sports" or call the sirius hotline and listen to the schedule.

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Saw this article this AM (linked to on the Soundwave Cafe):
Sirius and XM are flying high - for now

Interesting quote:
But not everybody gets everything. XM people who want Stern need to upgrade with a Best of Sirius package, adding $4 a month to their subscription fee. They'll also get NFL games and talk shows, Martha Stewart, Playboy and NASCAR. For Sirius subscribers, a Best of XM set (same price) gets them Major League Baseball games and shows 24/7, plus Oprah Winfrey, Opie & Anthony, XM Public Radio, the NBA and more.

Now there's nothing to say that this means anything, but the author did say that he got his answers from Scott Greenstein, chief content officer at Sirius XM. So, at least there is a glimmer of hope...

Couchpotato

Dec 19, 2008
Michigan
Saw this article this AM (linked to on the Soundwave Cafe):
Sirius and XM are flying high - for now

Interesting quote:

Now there's nothing to say that this means anything, but the author did say that he got his answers from Scott Greenstein, chief content officer at Sirius XM. So, at least there is a glimmer of hope...

I posted the same link a few days ago(post #77)in this thread, & I agree with your thinking...anything can happen, I guess...

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
Mlb

Hard to believe that this won't be worked out. But, stranger things have happened I guess.