Netflix

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I think it is more connected to the Bible.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

63455319.jpg

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Mrs Scotch has become completely disinterested in this season. She thought the 1st episode was just weird and dumb (as did I), she didn't like the 2nd episode (which I did), and by the 3rd episode I think she mentally checked-out. It appears she won't care about watching the rest of the season.
So a day after posting this, the wife suggested watching Orange last night (and I don't mean Trump), and it was an ok episode.
We're finally getting around to watching Season 7 of Orange (ITNB). We had given up about 2/3 of the way through season 6 (right after the above posts), but everyone was saying "you gotta watch season 7, it's fantastic".

So we made it all the way through season 6, and now we're a few episodes into 7. Meh.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm not giving away any secrets by mentioning that season 7 deals with ICE detention centers. And, like everything else in the series, you expect them to be bad places, but it's worse than expected. I think the hoopla about S7 is that they are depicting this. But to me, I already figured that it's going to be horrible, so I don't really find it to be that amazing to watch.

Of course, the personal stories are a big part of why the series is so compelling, but right now, I'm not feeling compelled.

I just couldn't get into that show for some reason.
It's a landmark show, in that it portrays something in a way and to a level that has not been done before. At times, I find there's a certain level of dedication needed to get through some of it. And if you're not really into it enough to hang-in, I can see how you'd decide to bail.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The latest thing I got grabbed with on Netflix is "The Good Place". I found out it was originally an NBC series which is surprising since at least the first season was far too good for network television. Stars Ted Danson and he is very good in it. I am into the 3rd season and it is dragging a bit now. I loved the twists and turns in the plot.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The latest thing I got grabbed with on Netflix is "The Good Place". I found out it was originally an NBC series which is surprising since at least the first season was far too good for network television. Stars Ted Danson and he is very good in it. I am into the 3rd season and it is dragging a bit now. I loved the twists and turns in the plot.

I very much enjoyed that show. It's a solid mix of dumb and rather intelligent humor. It's by the guy who made Parks and Rec so it's no real wonder it wound up being so good.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Just watched The Devil All The Time.

It was quite good. It stars Spiderman and that guy from Twilight. It's a period piece set in 50's West Virginia. It's pretty dark and most all the main characters are awful people. I liked it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I mostly watch TV on Netflix but today I went movie crazy.

I watched the one I posted above, then moved on to The Help which I had seen before but only remembered that poop pie thing. Now I'm rewatching The Florida Project since Aaron and I just talked about it a couple days ago and it's been a little while since I watched it last.