Watch Out For That...

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Rant warning! Rant warning!

This kind of shit burns me up: so you've got this story...
Family finds hidden camera livestreaming from their Airbnb in Ireland
Airbnb hidden camera: Family finds camera livestreaming from their rental - CNN

and first I see this
Nealie and Andrew Barker, from Auckland, New Zealand were in the midst of a 14-month trip around Europe with their four children and niece.

Ok, so just as an aside, how the f-k can a young couple take 14 months off? And it wasn't enough to haul the 4 kids around, they invited a niece too!

But this is what sets me off

They called Airbnb to report the camera. "The girl just said that if you cancel within 14 days, you won't get your money back."

According to Nealie Barker, Airbnb did not contact the family again. After she got through to them two weeks later, the company told her that the host had been "exonerated," and the listing reinstated.

It was only after she posted about the incident on Facebook and local New Zealand news stations reported her experience that the host was permanently banned, she said.

In a statement, Airbnb told CNN: "The safety and privacy of our community is our priority. Airbnb policies strictly prohibit hidden cameras in listings and we take reports of any violations extremely seriously. We have permanently removed this bad actor from our platform. Our original handling of this incident did not meet the high standards we set for ourselves, and we have apologized to the family and fully refunded their stay.

“There have been over half a billion guest arrivals in Airbnb listings to date and negative incidents are incredibly rare."

I'm sick of these companies spewing platitudes about their wonderful integrity and morality and priorities, when it was the total lack thereof that got them in trouble. Just admit you suck, and try to do better.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Shit...I just got a treadmill.
Those things will kill ya!!!!!!

Nice of the news to report that it was a blonde woman driver......

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Woah!
Serves him right.
Hopefully nobody was hurt in the vehicle he hit.
Or was it a blonde Asian woman? Did you find that on Fox?