Votes: 6 54.5%
  • This Is Spinal Top

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Welcome to the 2017 Movie Madness, all of our top 10 picks has been randomly selected in separated threads. Where no one has 2 movies in the same thread. The top picks will move on into the final 64 brackets and below are the movies competing against each other in thread #4 of 10. The polls will close Thursday, Sept 7th with unlimited voting, option to change your vote at anytime and the results are private, unless you want to announce your results. Let have some fun and let the madness begin!

A Beautiful Mind
Back To The Future 1
Citizen Kane
Goodfellas
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Singin In The Rain
The Blues Brothers
This Is Spinal Top

Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
A Beautiful Mind, Back to the Future, Christmas Vacation, and The Blues Brothers.

This is Spinal Tap is the only movie I have ever walked out of in a theatre (3 other friends also thought same thing -- we snuck over and saw Ghostbusters in the next theatre (again)). Saw it on TV later and wasn't as bad as I thought it was in the theatre but not a movie I would ever consider good. I know there are other people who think it is fabulous. But for the life of me I don't see why.

Reactions: Wolf

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Future. Goody. Tap.

This is Spinal Tap is the only movie I have ever walked out of in a theatre (3 other friends also thought same thing -- we snuck over and saw Ghostbusters in the next theatre (again)). Saw it on TV later and wasn't as bad as I thought it was in the theatre but not a movie I would ever consider good. I know there are other people who think it is fabulous. But for the life of me I don't see why.

It's an acquired taste

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
Blues Brothers, Spinal Tap, Back To The Future & Goodfellas.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Movies I have seen and voted for:
Back To The Future
Blue Brothers

I own on digital, but haven't seen yet:
Citizen Kane
Goodfellas
Singing The Rain

Will try to get around, to watch them and possibly change my vote by deadline?

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Is that about a couple brothers who are down in the dumps?

After his release from prison, Jake (John Belushi) reunites with his brother, Elwood (Dan Aykroyd) -- collectively known as the "Blues Brothers." Jake's first task is to save the orphanage the brothers grew up in from closing, by raising $5,000 to pay back taxes. The two are convinced they can earn the money by getting their old band back together. However, after playing several gigs and making a few enemies, including the police, the brothers face daunting odds to deliver the money on time.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Yes Wolf, like every other human alive I know what BlueS Brothers is about. I was just busting balls because you forgot the s.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Beautiful Mind, Goodfellas, Spinal Tap.

Blue Brothers
I liked it when they formed Blue Man Group.

This is Spinal Tap is the only movie I have ever walked out of in a theatre. I know there are other people who think it is fabulous. But for the life of me I don't see why.
It's parody, farce, a mockumentary. It's a brilliant send-up of the classic rocker mystique.

Reactions: HecticArt

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
A Beautiful Mind, Back to the Future, Christmas Vacation, and The Blues Brothers.

I like it because it makes me laugh.

Reactions: semipenguin

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I've only seen a couple of Star Wars/Star Trek movies; maybe 3 Batman movies in total, and virtually no recent superhero/sci-fi movies. So I understand that your taste and my taste may not jive with others.

I think I said in my initial post that other people have found it funny.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk