All Things Amazon

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I just now got a package delivered and the driver delivered it to my neighbor's door. Seeing how this is a condo building, all the front doors are the same so the pic they take doesn't really do anything to help. Anyway since I'm home I went right out to get it and had to pick it up from next door. I don't know my neighbors and I must have looked like a thief taking something from another door.

This is the first time in years where I've had an issue with an Amazon delivery. I guess I should be happy it wasn't left on my grill.

(It's a sweet new Switch Pro Controller btw.)

Last edited:
Reactions: goreds2

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Once again I am amazed about how cheap technically advanced stuff can be these days. That one TB Micro SD card has already dropped 10% but I want to talk about something else right now. This:

It has a $5 coupon at the moment, making a 1080p camera that can pan, tilt and has a mic and speaker plus infrared a whopping $19. It's from Peteme which is the same brand that makes my smart bulbs and I've had no issues with them at all since I bought them months ago.

On my Disney trips the only thing I worry about is Athena. Now I know I'm being paranoid because she's always fine when I get home but I'd like the piece of mind to know I can check on her whenever I want, like while waiting in a line or whatever. And for only $19 with next day shipping this thing is practically forcing me to buy it. And I get the added bonus of some random Chinese company not only being able to hear me through the bulb voice commands app that I already have that's connected through Alexa, but now they can see me too!

While it's certainly not the best home camera in the business, it seems to get the job done more than well enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: goreds2

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Here's an answer to the 2nd customer Q & A:

suggest you read 1-star reviews before buying. The 5-star reviews are bribed with the promise of an Amazon gift card for a verified 5-star review. The people willing to tell the truth left 1-star reviews. Camera is easily hacked, scans the room randomly, beeps and woke my baby, very creepy product. Not worth the low price

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

suggest you read 1-star reviews before buying. The 5-star reviews are bribed with the promise of an Amazon gift card for a verified 5-star review. The people willing to tell the truth left 1-star reviews. Camera is easily hacked, scans the room randomly, beeps and woke my baby, very creepy product. Not worth the low price

I got that same card packed in with my smart bulbs and never wrote a review. If I were to write a review, with or without the card, I'd give them 4 or 5 stars. My only gripe is I'd like them to get a little brighter in white mode. Other than that they have worked perfectly for months.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

Random beeping and scanning. They should charge extra for that.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
tenor.gif

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I bought the camera. It's a cute little thing, smaller than my hand. Here's a screenshot taken from it:

While certainly nothing very special, for $19 I think it's pretty good. And I figure I'll only use it 90 days/year max. That's assuming I spend 10 days at Disney per month taking into consideration that my pass is blacked out for a total of 3 months out of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: semipenguin

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I get the student rate for Amazon prime $59 a year. Once that end I may consider canceling. Costco, Apple and Best Buy would probably be reasonable replacements, especially considering the regular Costco membership is the same as the discounted Amazon rate.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I get the student rate for Amazon prime $59 a year. Once that end I may consider canceling. Costco, Apple and Best Buy would probably be reasonable replacements, especially considering the regular Costco membership is the same as the discounted Amazon rate.
So you're both a student and a first responder. Nice.