Car Talk

???

If I have the fob in my pocket when I exit the car and close the door I put my finger on the black rectangle and it locks the doors and it like beeps twice to indicate that it's locked but I don't trust that so I also test the door handle by pulling it once to make sure I can't open the door. It's what I do every single time I leave the car.

On the occasion that I leave the fob inside of the car when I put my finger on the black rectangle It gives me one loud, long beep indicating that fob is inside the car.

I'm not sure what you mean by it unlocking the door if I have a fob. I guess I'm missing something here.
On my car, if you have the fob in your pocket touching the door handle will unlock the car regardless how it was locked.
 
On my car, if you have the fob in your pocket touching the door handle will unlock the car regardless how it was locked.

Oh interesting.

In mine (with the fob in my pocket) if I shut the engine off, get out and hit the black rectangle on the door handle, it locks.

When I come back to the car (with the fob in my pocket) when I hit the black rectangle on the door handle, it unlocks.
 
Oh interesting.

In mine (with the fob in my pocket) if I shut the engine off, get out and hit the black rectangle on the door handle, it locks.

When I come back to the car (with the fob in my pocket) when I hit the black rectangle on the door handle, it unlocks.
Mine has the proximity unlock as well. I never have to use the buttons except to lock.
 
Mine locks by touching the top of the door handle and unlocks by putting your hand in the empty oval that the door handle creates

T2013006.png
 
I have the same picture for mine.
1789850557508.webp.

If you zoom in close enough in the PDF from the owner's manual, the background image of the car disappears.
You can see how they use the template of the owner's manual to make it easier for them to update for different years and models of cars.
1789850721885.webp

#funnerdstuff
 
Mine has the proximity unlock as well. I never have to use the buttons except to lock.

Ohhhh. Ok I get it now.

Yea mine doesn't have that proximity unlock feature. That's cool and now I'm jealous. I need to use the black rectangle to both lock and unlock. Of course I can use the fob for both as well but that's rare. I only ever use the fob to unlock the car if I remote start it first with the fob to cool it down before I get in.
 
Back
Top Bottom