semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The story of the embezzling bishop inspired me to write this song (with apologies to John Denver):

Almost heaven, West Virginia.
Your donations.....covered my vacations.
My home is remodeled.....and I have liquor too
And ev'ry bit of it.....was paid by all of you.
Off'ring plate, pass it down.
Please put in.....a ten or twenty.
All you folks of.....West Virginia.....
Thanks a lot. This is plenty.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
In Disney's 2016 animated movie Zootopia, Shakira sang a song called Try Everything. Who knew the "everything" would include tax fraud?

Pop singer Shakira faces tax fraud accusation in Spanish court - Reuters
This sounds like one of those musicals, where she enters the courtroom shaking her stuff, and then one at a time, the observers, jury, lawyers, judge, bailiff, and court stenographer all join in. They do a big synchronized dance, and then the charges get dropped.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
On May 23 – Go look! – I posted the story of Tony Robbins being accused of sexual misconduct. I wrote, "Now I know why Robbins is called a self-help guru: He's been helping himself to all the women he wanted." Keith Raniere has just been found guilty of sex trafficking. Now I know why Raniere is called a self-help guru: He's been helping himself to all the women he wanted.

Hey, if it's a funny line the first time, it's equally funny the second time.

Self-help guru convicted in lurid sex-trafficking case

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Maybe the third time is a charm.

It won't take very long for another celebrity to give us an opportunity to test the theory.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Jay McGraw, son of Dr. Phil, is an author and self-help guru and he's married to a former Playboy model. Will he become the third self-help guru to be accused of sexual misconduct with women?

I know it won't be Richard Simmons.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This former Mets/Phillies centerfielder, as many athletes do, engaged in some trash talking – but in his case, it was literal.

Ex-MLB star Lenny Dykstra spent 9 hours dumpster diving for $80,000 dentures
"I took my teeth out and put them in a napkin, folded it up and forgot them there," said the controversial All Star.

Former Phillies outfielder Lenny Dykstra spent 9 hours searching a dumpster for his dentures. They cost $80,000
That's the least of his problems, as any Stern fan knows.