Does Anyone Have A Home Setup With A BOSE Radio?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I have been looking at Bose Radios on Craiglist. Anyone have a satellite radio home setup using a BOSE radio aux?

If so, how is the sound quality?

Thanks,

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I have that set up in my office. The sound is pretty decent at low levels. If you crank it up, you can definitely hear some digital artifacts in the signal.

Some people complain that the Bose radio sounds a bit bassy, and lacks some high ends. I'd concur with that, but it does not get to the point where it is really muddy.

It's not a bad sounding rig overall. But you can probably get as good a sound out of a cheaper option if you have not already bought the Bose. I use a Boston Acoustics Horizon Duo (the one with the iPod dock) as an alarm clock and am pretty happy overall (and it's much cheaper).

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
LOL, I started this thread in 2009. Mrs. goreds2 and I bought a Bose radio as a Christmas present to ourselves in 2020. It takes me awhile to decide !!

The sound quality is very good even playing Sirius XM from the app to the Blue Tooth adapter supplied from Bose going through the AUX. (Blue Tooth is not built into the Bose radio)

We also listen to a local FM station plus have had fun playing CD's on it.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron