DRC May Be Nearing The End.....

There aren’t any other music forums that people check out?
We aren’t tied to the satellite theme.
I probably still have a sign-in on AVS Forums, but haven't used my account in well over a decade. But there are thousands of people on that forum. SiriusBuzz only has 2 DRC members as active users, and is similarly formatted.
 
Well I'm very sorry to hear that DRC will be shutting down soon. I have really enjoyed being here. I liked the Fantasy Football especially the year I went undefeated and the time I won 4 weeks in a row in Who Am I. And reading all the discussions and games. It's weird that I signed up here in week 1 October 2008 but was still the newbie compared to everyone else that was in Sirius Backstage. I was looking for information on the Sirius-XM merger and ran across this forum. I guess I will try that Sirius Buzz place. I still like the idea of being in a SXM discussion forum so maybe it will feel all new. But this was wonderful. Thanks for a great time.
 
You can avoid the political forum, Mister scotch. You can also avoid the Sirius XM Stock Talk thread because that is where the rabid supporter of [NAME REDACTED] spews a lot of nasty, hateful, profanity-laced comments that have nothing to do with SiriusXM stock (which, by the way, is now at $22.75 a share).
 
I am avoiding those sections. Who knows whenever that dumbass comes stopping on our new turf. I almost rather be on a forum where we have some control.
 
You can avoid the political forum, Mister scotch. You can also avoid the Sirius XM Stock Talk thread because that is where the rabid supporter of [NAME REDACTED] spews a lot of nasty, hateful, profanity-laced comments that have nothing to do with SiriusXM stock (which, by the way, is now at $22.75 a share).
In addition to Stock Talk, there's Market Watch, Humor, part of General Chat, and of course the entire Politics forum. It's a lot to avoid.

It seems to me that all of the political posting is like speaking into a big echo chamber, only to be occasionally targeted by the nasty, juvenile haters. I don't see the point. You're not reporting any news that hasn't already been seen by everyone, and they all know very well how you feel about things. So people like me won't even bother to look or comment, and it just riles-up the jerks.

Perhaps if Wolf or someone starts setting up forums/threads to continue our discussion topics, I can stick to those, and avoid the old ones.
 
Perhaps if Wolf or someone starts setting up forums/threads to continue our discussion topics, I can stick to those, and avoid the old ones.
I still have some free time and can easily setup a new forum in minutes. Trying to think of a good name for a forum. I tried chatgpt and I keep getting some suggestions with the word "buzz" in it and I rather avoid that word. If Charles wants to keep DRC going, that great news. Hopefully don't have to worry about losing anything now.
 
I know on proboards, there is an option to create a private board area. Where everyone doesn't have to participate in it. Just say, if I created a political talk area, then you get invited. If you start crap or can't play nicely, then you can get booted out.

I would like to try and let everyone voice their freedom of speech. I know not everyone will agree with it and have their own opinion on it. Not everyone can't be satisfied by it. I admit, I'm not educated enough on certain topics and would like a better understanding of it. Where I could possibly talk to people on it. I also don't want a troll like dm4 crapping on the parade.

1759946340809.png
 
Last edited:
If SiriusBuzz doesn't pan out, we can start one at proboards. Totally free. Easy to manage. I've had a forum for my band (ASC not HR) on a proboards forum since 2005. It's still there (even though we're on hiatus). These are the original threads we made 20 years ago. I just logged in and it's all still there.

proboard.webp
 
That figures and say if Charles gets hold of DRC from Taylor and moves it on to his servers. We could have similar issues.

The past couple of days, I been working on a new forum from proboards. I didn't want to post anything yet, who knows what going on and plus I could be potentially wasting my time creating one.

Now I see sadchild has one, probably needs some updating to make it look similar over here.
 
After being down for several hours, SiriusBuzz is now back. I propose that when the site is down, instead of the message "The connection has timed out. SiriusBuzz took too long to respond," there can be this simple temporary message: "Buzz off."
 
So......either we find another forum fast, someone starts up one of those free forums, or we say goodbye. Aaron and I could continue to moderate a new site, but neither of us can handle the server side of things. (Neither of us will moderate a forum with politics.)

It seems to me that there must be a couple of music or pop-culture forums that have decent activity. We really don't need the satellite component anymore, but I'd think that those conversations would fit in nicely on one of those forums.
I'm going back to Hectic post from a few days ago. We don't know the status of DRC if it gets cut off or moves to a new place?

We tried Sirius Buzz, and I think some might agree, we don't know about that place and the server could go down from time to time.

Just in case, I'm still working on another forum as a backup if it gets used or not. There are still some things to be worked on a color scheme, sub forums with descriptions, adding/removing some stuff, etc. Here's a preview and I have been playing with various names, and I sort of wanted to go with an abbreviation name of a forum. The name probably sounds dumb. I called the forum The HEDGE Community which basically stands for “Your hub for Hangout, Entertainment, Discussion, Gaming, and Everything.”

1760215036170.png
 
Back
Top Bottom