Free Online Account Methods

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I've been using a premium account for a while with my iPhone and my year subscription is about to expire shortly. I was just wondering if there's another method for smart phone access or if the Sirius streamer is still the best method to access with a lifetime free account these days...

TIA
sgniwder

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
Thaks Hectic and Casual. I didn't really expect to see any additional methods, but I wasn't sure if Sirius had decided to finally allow us old timers access with the basic accounts. I wish they would allow us a buy a lifetime package for smart phone access...

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I've been using a premium account for a while with my iPhone and my year subscription is about to expire shortly. I was just wondering if there's another method for smart phone access or if the Sirius streamer is still the best method to access with a lifetime free account these days...

TIA
sgniwder

Hi sgniwder,

So, let me see if I am following you. You currently have access via online premium service and want to know if there is any other means to get access rather than the Sirius Streamer.

On the XM side if you buy an XM Skydock you can connect your iPhone to the dock and actually use the satellites for service. This of course isn't very portable and you are tied to your vehicle, so maybe not a great option and you'd have to move your current radio subscription.

Concerning streaming I know of no other method other than the Sirius App on the iPhone. There use to be another App, but I think Sirius finally made them quit offering their service through a 3rd party app.

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
Hey DAB,
Yes, I currently have premium service on 1 of my lifetime Sirius accounts and was wondering if there was any other way to access Sirius on my iPhone or iPad from my other account that just has the basic serivce (my other Sirius lifetime account).

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
The only Device I've seen that still works with a regular non premium internet stream is a stiletto 2. I had one about 2 weeks ago, bought off ebay. The previous owner was a lifetimed sub on that radio and at the time you got online access also. I wasnt sure if they totally killed access or not for those subs online via the player, but I at least learned that it was still on the stiletto. But man, that audio quality on that stream is bad.

The reason I noticed it was a lower quality stream (aside from the audio quality): the stiletto just displays "Internet" instead of "premium internet".

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Hey DAB,
Yes, I currently have premium service on 1 of my lifetime Sirius accounts and was wondering if there was any other way to access Sirius on my iPhone or iPad from my other account that just has the basic serivce (my other Sirius lifetime account).

None that I am aware of. Tunebite I think use to work, but as I said I think SiriusXM made them remove it. The bottom line is this is SiriusXM way of pushing folks to the premium so they get paid extra money.

Its sort of like AT&T and the way the force subscribers to get the higher $50 package rather than the $30 data package in order to get the personal hotspot.

SXM_Help

May 25, 2012
www.facebook.com
Subscriptions

TIA
sgniwder

Hi there-

Could you please send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can reach out to you to discuss your account information.

Thanks!

SiriusXM Digital Care Team

wobbler

Dec 5, 2008
doesnt musicdock no longer work? I for one have a lifetime sub with basic internet and Im was using that on my ipod touch. But then again, its been a while since I tried out the app.

As for tablet use , I have a playbook and Im able to listen using the siriusxm online player without issue.

...one of those rare times where the playbook works in my favor...