How many songs on your player?

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
Right now 625 on my i pod touch.

That's quite an increase. Are you in the process of ripping or converting to a new device?

Also how do you like your iPod touch? Is it worth the extra money compared with a zune? I am only interested in a music player, don't care as much about video and other functions.

EricfromTx

Nov 1, 2008
McAllen, Tx.
I have about 3651 songs on my 30gb Video Ipod. I have alot of different types of music mostly Rock and pop from the 80's and some Nu Metal. I have some podcasts and several South Park episodes.

Schlep

Nov 10, 2008
schlep.sexykula.com
iPhone (white, 16gb): 1251 songs
iPod 5G 30gb: 2300+ songs

Most of the songs are ripped at 224kbps aac and take up quite a bit of space. I'm pretty anal retentive about music organization, so they're all in smart playlists based on star rating, decade, and a few single artist playlists. I have a little bit of everything, but most of it centers around rock/alt. Classic rock, grunge, blues rock, post rock, etc. Also several movie soundtracks, classical works, and quite a few trance and talk podcasts.

Pandora is great on the iPhone, it's just too bad that the quality is reduced over 3G and it can't play in the background. The iPod is basically a HDD for my car stereo. I rarely take it out other than once a week to sync up podcasts.

normal_DSCF0672.jpg

Last edited:

Milamber

Nov 19, 2008
AZ
Also what kind of music do you load up on?Me i have alot of thrash metal(older metallica,antrax and the like)Hair metal,grundge and alternative(lou reed iggy pop and the like)working on my punk now!Aint technology great?:churn:

I think I'm hovering around 2600 songs on mine. I have a lot of metal, classic rock, and a little bit of 'other'.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
My first iPod was a 2GB nano and it was extremely frustrating because I could only get about 600 songs on there. Then I upgraded to an 80GB and I have 2,969 songs. A lot of old school 70s punk from the No Thanks box set (highly recommend it to Hank who mentioned he was working on his punk collection). A lot of Irish punk (Pogues, Flogging Molly) some classic rock (Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Jimi Hendrix). I have the entire Beatles catalog, the entire R.E.M. catalog and most of Bob Dylan's.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
My first iPod was a 2GB nano and it was extremely frustrating because I could only get about 600 songs on there. Then I upgraded to an 80GB and I have 2,969 songs. A lot of old school 70s punk from the No Thanks box set (highly recommend it to Hank who mentioned he was working on his punk collection). A lot of Irish punk (Pogues, Flogging Molly) some classic rock (Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Jimi Hendrix). I have the entire Beatles catalog, the entire R.E.M. catalog and most of Bob Dylan's.
Thanx im gonna check that out!

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I have 10,666 songs now. Got some of everything, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Chuck Berry, Skinny Puppy, Christian Death, Judas Priest, Cameo, Ray Wylie Hybbard, James McMurtry, Steve Earle and many many more.