New Beta Player as of 6.27.12?

Schmidty

Dec 9, 2008
A newer beta siriusxm player is up and running with better time shifting and some sort of on demand feature.:bigclap:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Cool! listening to a Coffeehouse Live show from 2 weeks ago!

zoRdu.jpg

Schmidty

Dec 9, 2008
After using this morning to listen to Stern, I like this much better than the previous internet players. Much more versatility to pause and rewind/fast forward, looks like 90 second increments. Also, the on demand feature has a number of shows, hopefully the Trunk Nation show will be added!!:bigthumbup:

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Whatever they did to the online player has killed the android app.

I couldn't listen to Howard Stern this morning after 9:30am EST.

Now, after rebooting my phone several times, all it says it that the data connection has been lost.

Meanwhile, I have full bars of reception, fast sprint 3g (if you can believe that), and tunein radio, my browser, twitter, the Google Play Store, and other apps requiring internet connection work just fine.

They need to fix their Android app PRONTO!

UPDATE: After rebooting again, App finally works. 2:45 PM EST.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
This evening, the droid app was working for me.
Where do you find the spot to upgrade to the on-demand version? It's not showing up for me.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Whatever they did to the online player has killed the android app.

I couldn't listen to Howard Stern this morning after 9:30am EST.

Now, after rebooting my phone several times, all it says it that the data connection has been lost.

Meanwhile, I have full bars of reception, fast sprint 3g (if you can believe that), and tunein radio, my browser, twitter, the Google Play Store, and other apps requiring internet connection work just fine.

They need to fix their Android app PRONTO!

UPDATE: After rebooting again, App finally works. 2:45 PM EST.

I've been having this same issue when on 3g, AT&T, using an iPhone. It is very annoying especially when I am looking at the phone and see that the signal did not drop. I have a feeling that there is something not quite right on Sirius's side.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
It's nice to see that THSS is available on demand. I had a bad feeling that it wouldn't be.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've been having this same issue when on 3g, AT&T, using an iPhone. It is very annoying especially when I am looking at the phone and see that the signal did not drop. I have a feeling that there is something not quite right on Sirius's side.

I'm still able to get on. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
I'm on VZW with a Razr Maxx.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
No, I haven't tried that. I can get on without issues. The issue is that I will get MANY interruptions. I'll try the uninstall thing today.

SXM_Help

May 25, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hi everyone -

Happy to hear you are enjoying our beta player! What are your favorite features? What are some of the shows you are listening to On Demand?

Look forward to reading your responses,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I like discovering new shows I never would have known about through regular listening. Specialty shows on the dance channels and being able to go back and listen to have h100 shows is cool. I just got a lynx today and hope to see on demand options available soon! If not... well, that'd be disappointing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2