New Zune?

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I remember reading that article on zunescene shortly after the first gen Zunes came out.. What kind of dope was that fanboy smoking? :rofl:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but applications will be available on Zune Marketplace and you can even develop games and programs for the Zune HD with XNA. It might not be long until we see SIRIUS on the Zune :bigthumbup:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I remember reading that article on zunescene shortly after the first gen Zunes came out.. What kind of dope was that fanboy smoking? :rofl:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but applications will be available on Zune Marketplace and you can even develop games and programs for the Zune HD with XNA. It might not be long until we see SIRIUS on the Zune :bigthumbup:

I guess the big question; is it too little too late and when folks just exchange one proprietary system for another?

One thing for sure it is good to see MS actually making some inroads into this market because they have deep pockets.i

I have to say that Zune HD sounds pretty darn interesting! :)

My only concern with MS has been that they will invest huge sums of money into a product and then once they deem it a failure they will just abandon it. I think many expected that to happen with the Zune. Apparently they have sold enough of them that this isn't likely to happen.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
I think if Apple was smart they would open the iPod and iTunes up because I'd venture to say there are other MP3 players out there that if they could use iTunes they would. Seems strange to say that, but that is just how easy it is to use and one it offers in a single package.

I say the same thing about Zune marketplace, $14.99 a month for unlimited downloads and 10 free a month for ever sounds great for the young people into the new music. But maybe MS cant control the unlimited part on other platforms.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I guess the big question; is it too little too late and when folks just exchange one proprietary system for another?

One thing for sure it is good to see MS actually making some inroads into this market because they have deep pockets.i

I have to say that Zune HD sounds pretty darn interesting! :)

My only concern with MS has been that they will invest huge sums of money into a product and then once they deem it a failure they will just abandon it. I think many expected that to happen with the Zune. Apparently they have sold enough of them that this isn't likely to happen.

In things like this, MS seems to look long term. They LOST money on every XBOX they sold but since it was their first foray into the video game world, they came out with a solid product, and learned alot about the market. Fast Forward 5 years and the XBOX 360 is killing everyone. Still killing it. So think of this ZUNE HD as the Zune version 3.0. Will it kill Apple? NOPE, but a lot of people are talking about it and it will surely make some in roads with both the apple and non apple crowd.