The Ole Reliable MyFi

Discussion in 'XM Portables' started by goreds2, Nov 3, 2008.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Does your MiFi not have Atlantic? I switched my Airware to Atlantic to handle DST. I always thought they were the same guts.

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

LOL :eek: , You are correct. I did not scroll up the dial 9 (only down). Thanks! :ter:

3. goreds2

For Easter, Mrs. goreds2 bought me two sets of rechargeable batteries for this boombox to be used when we go camping plus for the beach on vacation. You get about 4 hours play time on a set. :fallinlove:

4. joe2k4

joe2k4 Member

Are these portible? I asked this questionabout the XMP3 and didn't have much luck, but I will ask it again for this unit. Does it make any clicking sounds or beeps, or at least do the menue's not wrap around? If any are true I might pick this up I'd love to have a recordable XM or at least portible.

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

They're nice radios, but they don't make any clicking sound. Not very visually impaired friendly, but I don't think it would be that hard to figure out how to change the channels or set your presets...:)

I used one in my truck for about a year. They're very good portable radios. The antenna headphones work great.

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

I don't know specifically about the MiFi, but the Airware and Tao are sister radios (same guts) and they do not make any sound. There may be an option but the default is not on. The menus do not wrap around. You can select a really large font for artist and song if you desire.

7. GreenHornet99

GreenHornet99 Member

No clinking sound on these radios but they work great. I own 3 and all are active. Be sure to buy the antenna headphones.

8. goreds2

9. IdRatherBeSkiing

Or the ClipXT antenna. Less cumbersome than the headphones and you can use your regular earbuds or whatever to listen to the radio.

10. skyward

skyward New Member

;) My myfi was the radio of choice back in March of 2006 when I first subscribed to XM and is still in use as My home and car radio. I have a second myfi that works but the screne is broken from an accidental drop. :(

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  11. goreds2

Daylight Savings Time

(Quote from March 3, 2009)
    Since the time changed this morning, I changed the MyFi back to Eastern time zone and everything is good. :bigthumbup:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  12. IdRatherBeSkiing

I did the same thing on my Airware and Tao and my VCR and every battery operated clock in the house. :)

13. goreds2

Anyone with the AirWare, MyFi or TAO, here is how to change the time zone:

MENU

SET TIME

SET CLOCK

SELECT TIME ZONE

14. goreds2

I am now working days and am now around people. :( :p

Just a hint that if you don't want your Tune Select to go off which could annoy your co-workers, hit the LOCK (Pause) button and keep holding for about 3 seconds. This will lock the device and the Tune Select will not sound.

15. goreds2

This week, one of the MyFi's I have started to have problems connecting to all the cradles I have. On Thanksgiving, I did an equipment swap with an almost new MyFi I paid $20 for at a yard sale (with the home and car kit!). It was a great spare to have around in case something like this happened!

My old MyFi lasted almost 5 years. My down fall was that I took it to a high school football game about a month ago and some rain got into the bottom connector.

16. goreds2

Daylight Savings Time Today

Anyone with the AirWare, MyFi or TAO, here is how to change the time zone if you are in the Eastern:

MENU

SET TIME

SET CLOCK

SELECT TIME ZONE

Atlantic

17. goreds2

This March, I will have had my first MyFi for 6 years. :yesshake:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  18. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Member

My Kenwood Sirius tuner (from 2004, I think) is still going strong in my daughter's car. I purchased a lifetime sub on it back in the day.

It doesn't do BoXM, though... Stupid Sirius tuners.

19. TOM C.

TOM C. Member

my sportster 1 will be 6 in feb

20. goreds2

From March 14, 2010
    Anyone with these devices, you need to do this today due to daylight savings time.