Where Do You Download Your Music?

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Any where other than iTunes. I will never purchase tracks from iTunes. Biggest scam around!

I don't mind paying for the music but for my $1 I should get music at the bit rate I select and it should be DRM-free.

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
I'm a big fan of torrents, I could never even grasp the idea of paying for each individual song.

Don't get me wrong, when I want a CD I'll go buy it, especially something 'new', but if its older stuff I used to listen to I've occasionally gone down then P2P road.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
When I used to download music, I would use, I think, the new Napster. I allowed you to download music but it was only supposed to be playable in Napster. Well, a quick "protection cracker" took care of that problem. The fee, for the Napster service, was like $5/month. The kicker is that a few of the more popular songs would be $.99 with this plan. I only downloaded Reggae so I didn't run into it too much.

Heather

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
www.flickr.com
I mainly use torrents. For a single mp3 im looking for i'll use frostwire. If i can't find an album I want on torrents & its on itunes i'll buy it from there. I still purchase the occasional CD from a store or online from the artist if I can't find it anywhere else.

Oct 20, 2008
Golf Course
I actually rip most of my CD's and sometimes buy a hard to find single on itunes. I have a large network of music friends and believe it or not, we still share CD's that we've bought and rip each others music. I guess it's another way of stealing music, but in a more friendly way. I definitely still purchase the CD's of my favorite music group, i.e. Randy Rogers Band, Wade Bowen, Eli Young etc. Especially if they are smaller artists.

Agent J

Beatport for all my legal downloads.

iTunes for podcasts of my favorite mix shows.

Have used P2P before, not as much now.

If you know how to search Google, you can find all kinds of music stored on file hosting sites (Mediafire, Zippyshare, etc.) ;)

Santinelli

Oct 16, 2008
Milford, NH
zune marketplace....

I LOVE my Zune 80gb. I've got about 40GB of music, and 20GB of Movies and Video's. For $14.95 a month, I get all the downloads I want, and that is the reason I left my ipod to my son...

When I DID 'borrow' music, I used ARES.

I wish Apple would come out with a monthly service, it is just my favorite feature, allowing me to listen to whatever I want. Instead of buying 1 mp3, I download an entire album. :)

I don't have an adapter for the Zune on the motorcycle yet, just the INNO. But, will probably get one over the winter.

DLariv308

Oct 27, 2008
MA
Most of my MP3's came from old files I collected off napster over the years, Limewire, Itunes, uploading cd's and as of recently I been using Audacity to convert my old records and tapes.

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
If there is an entire CD I would like I usually purchase it.
If it's an album where I know that I've liked songs from the artist before I like to check them out with Songbird...

What's Songbird Jamie? Great question. It's fricking amazing. It's a little difficult to describe and out of context of this post so... maybe I'll work one up for it. Check it out.

The End

I posted more about Songbird in a new post. It's here.

Last edited:
Reactions: semipenguin