scotchandcigar
All I wanted was some steak
Say what?Fifth Third Bank
Say what?Fifth Third Bank
Say what?
Congratulations, Wolf!Fifth Third Bank

Opportunity lost!On September 21 – Go look! – I wrote about the Tigers' ballpark being renamed Fifth Third Park. I knew why the bank that resulted from the merger of the Third National Bank and Fifth National Bank was called Fifth Third and not Third Fifth – and this week I guess I didn't remember what I wrote. Oh well. Congratulations, Wolf! You can celebrate by drinking a fifth.
In 1871, it was acquired by the Third National Bank. In 1908, the Third National Bank merged with the Fifth National Bank, becoming Fifth Third.
There WAS a lawsuit over the name, but the judge and jury were all too confused by the opening arguments, and the case was dismissed. They all went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner as a snub to both Ruth and Chris for their poor choices in naming and punctuating their restaurants.Chris Matulich opened Chris Steak House in 1927 on Broad Street in New Orleans. Ruth Fertel bought the restaurant in 1965. It was destroyed by fire in 1976 and Fertel opened a new restaurant nearby. The purchase agreement stipulated that she could not use the name Chris Steak House at any location other than the original so she called the new restaurant Ruth's Chris Steak House. To me, she used the "Chris Steak House" name in violation of the purchase agreement but apparently Matulich never objected. In 1977, franchises began to open. There are now 161 worldwide. Matulich died in 1982. Fertel died in 2002.
Probably saved themselves a tonne of money in the process.They all went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner as a snub to both Ruth and Chris for their poor choices in naming and punctuating their restaurants.