Adventures In Koopland

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Feb 11, 2017.

1. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Sounds like a good reason to get very high.

2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

HA! well i do have 30 days until my next PO appointment. ;)

nah, too much work in trying to go find the drugs that would be worth the risk and not worth the 29 days of worrying myself into panic over the next appointment.

3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Keep in mind you will be serving the time not meme. And knowing your luck, you would buy from an undercover cop.

HecticArt, memebag and JHDK like this.
  4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

first non jail related adventure in koopland!

my one remaining cat got sick yesterday. didn't pee for 24 hours. that got me worried so i was off to the vet this morning. her first vet visit ever besides getting spayed. at the vet they wanted me to fork over $800 for everything. i told them i couldn't afford that and they came back with a $500 bill. i then asked if we could just shoot her up with antibiotics and some other things and skip the blood and x rays. they said that was ok and dropped the bill down to $214. now that i can afford. hopefully that will be enough and she will get better. she wound up peeing at the vet so that's a good sign but now that she's home i'll keep an eye on her and if she doesn't pee for another day i will take her back and fork over the cash for the blood work and x rays.

between this, the $290 i still need to pay of the nintendo switch and the monumental DUI costs i have been spending money hand over fist these days. i need to slow it down and i intend to have the switch be my last pricey purchase for a long while.

semipenguin likes this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

You can always sell cat pee on the black market.

6. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

So your cat might die because you bought a bike?

7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I hope your cat gets better

JHDK likes this.
  8. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

that sounds like a joke but the sad truth is my cat might die cause i got a DUI. i can afford another few hundred bucks if she doesn't get better but if the i need to pay for the blood work and x rays and it turns out she needs some sort of surgery i don't have thousands of dollars to spend because it all went/is going to my court costs. i could probably swing another 1-1.5k but that would be a stretch. let's hope it doesn't come to that.

9. scotchandcigar

All joking aside, I hope the cat gets better. We're pet people, and we've sometimes spent hundreds on an accident or sickness. But if it came to thousands, we'd probably say goodbye.

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's not your kid after all.

11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

cat piss update!

she didn't pee for another 24 hours so back to the vet i went. paid for the x rays, blood work and urinalysis. x rays showed she had "crystals" which are the start of kidney stones. blood and piss results come back tomorrow. she needs a special food. the vet wants me to buy a crazy expensive food but it turns out purina makes a very similar food, almost the exact same ingredients, for much less. when we got home she finally peed! she seems to be on the mend but def not back 100%. she is no longer hiding all day and doesn't moan when touched anymore. things are looking up. hopefully the tests that come back tomorrow will be ok and this whole ordeal will have only set me back around $500.

semipenguin likes this.
  12. scotchandcigar

I think if cats develop urinary problems, they need moist food mixed with the dry.

JHDK likes this.
  13. IdRatherBeSkiing

Male cats should not have solid food period. Generic canned food is fine. Solid food will give male cats crystals. Vet told me that 15 years ago last time I had a male cat with same issue.

14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Our vet says that's not true. Out male cat eats dry food and his bladder is fine.

15. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i was told to start feeding my cat some flavor of either this:

Amazon.com : Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Feline Urinary Tract Multicare, Chicken - 4lb : Dry Pet Food : Pet Supplies

this:
    Amazon.com : Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Feline Multicare Urinary Track Chicken & Vegetable Stew Canned Cat Food 24/2.9 oz : Pet Supplies

or this:
    Amazon.com : Royal Canin Feline Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy Can (24/3 Ounce) : Canned Wet Pet Food : Pet Supplies

all of them are insanely expensive. purina makes this:

Amazon.com : Purina Pro Plan Focus Adult Urinary Tract Health Formula Ocean Whitefish Entree Cat Food (24 Pack), 3 oz : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : Purina ONE Urinary Tract Health Formula Adult Premium Cat Food - (1) 16 lb. Bag : Dry Pet Food : Pet Supplies

and they are much more reasonable. at a glance the ingredients in the purina dry food is very similar to that of the hill's. tomorrow i intend to go over them line by line to see how exactly they differ. i think i will likey go with the purina that while more expensive than the food i've been buying for the past 7 years it won't break the bank like the others.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    semipenguin likes this.
  16. IdRatherBeSkiing

All I know is that after the switch I have had no further issues.

JHDK likes this.
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

My vet said that 5 Guys French fries are good because they are crispy.

scotchandcigar and memebag like this.
  18. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

the most important uploader to ever hit youtube might disagree. (crispy or not they are very good fries.)

HecticArt and memebag like this.
  19. scotchandcigar

You or your cat?

HecticArt and memebag like this.
  20. IdRatherBeSkiing

My cats.

Smartass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk