Adventures In Koopland

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You definitely need to get one of these for your van

That was one toy I always wanted. I thought it would be so cool to be on the radio. Little did I know that it is the weakest FM transmitter ever created and would barely work more than 1 foot away from the radio. I remember there was one ad where a kid was playing with it on a car trip with the parents and he came on the radio of a passing car. Man that was awesome.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
$98 is cheap.

Turned out to be the $98, so not that bad. They wouldn't take the seats out for me so I started doing that today. I'm at my dad's cause he isn't feeling well and it works out because they are doing construction on some of the condos and there are 2 big dumpsters right in his parking lot. I think they might frown upon me throwing van seats in there so I sneakily tossed the first one in when I arrived and I plan on dumping the second one once I have the cover of darkness. It's amazing how much room is in that van w/o the lift and seats.

Next up will be a trip to Walmart to get a cot and some of those plastic dorm room drawers. I also need to work out a way to black out all the windows other than the front 3. I plan to use reflectix that I cut to fit the windows. I will cover one side with black cloth so it will look like a dark tint instead of covered windows. By using cutouts I will be able to put them up or take them off easily.

The hard part comes when I try to figure out a power source. I have zero experience in this department but from watching a bunch of Youtubes and looking on Amazon it seems relatively cheap and easy to get a solar panel on the roof that feeds into a secondary battery source I keep in the back of the van. My goal is to simply be able to power a few small things like my phone, computer and video games. I will likely wind up electrocuting myself.

Came across this article today:

More than 400 nomads gather in Oregon for their own 'town' | Daily Mail Online

Now I doubt I could survive living in the van full time but my goal is to get it to be a comfortable spot to camp in for a few days or a week at a time.

#VanLife!

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Now I doubt I could survive living in the van full time but my goal is to get it to be a comfortable spot to camp in for a few days or a week at a time.

#VanLife!

At least until the warrants are less fresh.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
If you can find a manual typewriter, you can start writing your manifesto soon......

This doesn't look all that different from a certain pic I'd rather not be posted again here at DRC:

ted-kaczynski-unabomber-mug-shot

Are we going to have to take turns driving ahead of Koop's van warning kids? What is our ethical culpability here?

It's a real Tarantino/Weinstein type situation.

fd992cb5c1ca0b652611fb776d076b61.jpg

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Turned out to be the $98, so not that bad. They wouldn't take the seats out for me so I started doing that today. I'm at my dad's cause he isn't feeling well and it works out because they are doing construction on some of the condos and there are 2 big dumpsters right in his parking lot. I think they might frown upon me throwing van seats in there so I sneakily tossed the first one in when I arrived and I plan on dumping the second one once I have the cover of darkness. It's amazing how much room is in that van w/o the lift and seats.

So back of the van going to look something like this?

back%2Bof%2Bvan.jpg

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So back of the van going to look something like this?

back%2Bof%2Bvan.jpg

I'm going for this but I won't build that platform. A cot will work and is raised so I can have storage under it:

c3a9c98a23aee84b85a093f524bcb501.jpg

And a power source something like this:

Reactions: Wolf

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
As Hectic so rudely, yet humorously put it...

Tenement on wheels update!

Everything I say I'm going to do with this thing takes like a week or 2 longer than I anticipate. After tending to my sick dad I got sick so I was in no mood to stealthily dump the second seat last week. I finally did it today and in the process realized that the a/c isn't working. I'm now off to Sears to get that fixed and then, hopefully this week, I will go to Walmart and get the reflectix and black cloth and begin my blacking out the windows project.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
As Hectic so rudely, yet humorously put it...

Tenement on wheels update!

Everything I say I'm going to do with this thing takes like a week or 2 longer than I anticipate. After tending to my sick dad I got sick so I was in no mood to stealthily dump the second seat last week. I finally did it today and in the process realized that the a/c isn't working. I'm now off to Sears to get that fixed and then, hopefully this week, I will go to Walmart and get the reflectix and black cloth and begin my blacking out the windows project.

So the van will look something like this after Sears install the a/c.

handmade_car_air_640_02.jpg

Once you install some reflectix.

6-reflectix-in-van-interior.jpg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So the van will look something like this after Sears install the a/c.

handmade_car_air_640_02.jpg

Once you install some reflectix.

6-reflectix-in-van-interior.jpg

HA!

Already another delay. Went to Sears and they told me the a/c guy is only there on Saturdays so I'll be heading back then.