All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is a Disney movie so it goes against the title of this thread but I really dig this Frozen 2 song.

I enjoyed Frozen but never got into it like everyone else. I like the hit Let it Go and the ride in epcot is cool but I do miss the OG Norway ride with the trolls and oil rigs. It was fun.

This one kinda resonates with me though:

"Some things never change" "But it feels like the future is calling"

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I still have to watch Hamilton. It's been on my list for a long time.
Maybe over the Christmas break. I'll have 2 weeks off and not very many places to go this year.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is very interesting breaking WDW news:

Weird since they just started selling them again (with new tiers and higher prices) a few months ago. I posted about that here when it happened.

Anyway it doesn't matter to me at least, and that's all that matters. Current passholders can still renew so I'll be doing that whether or not they come back by the time mine expires in March.

Also they are still selling the weekday pass to everyone...they stopped all the other tiers.

• Wow
Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
How soon before we see female Santa Clauses, oriental Santa Clauses, Latino Santa Clauses and Armenian Santa Clauses?

Not to mention Santa Clauses that identify as the Easter Bunny.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I really want to do a Disney run this weekend (my weekend is Tues and Wed) but it would be irresponsible for multiple reasons:

-With tax I just spent nearly $600 on a watch.
-I have a booster scheduled for Tues at 12pm here at home.
-I only got back from Melbourne on Thursday night.

I'll most likely wait and do it on the 7th and 8th. The 8th is my bday and the best way to not feel like the balding old man I have become is to spend a couple days at WDW.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It's been (WAY more than 1 week) too long since my last Disney trip. 10.27.21 was the last time I was here to be exact. That ends now. Just got my motel room for the night and will hit Animal Kingdom and Hollywood. I think I may need to do Magic also cause I can't be up here and not do the Peoplemover. I'm going to chill here in the room for an hour then get to it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I had a busy day. Started at AK cause I could only get a reservation at that park and in order to park hop you have to scan your ticket at the park you reserved.

This is not a great system seeing how much easier it was pre-covid but that's a topic for another time.

I rode Everest twice at AK then when to MK. Did Peoplemover and Splash there then went to Hollywood and did Runaway Railway twice and Star Tours and Alien Swirling Saucers. It was only the second time I have done Saucers. It's a quick ride, not worth any sort of long wait but it was basically a walk on so why not?

My second time doing Railway was right at 9pm when the park closed. I was the last person to get in line for the ride tonight. That was neat...never had that happen before.

The tree at Hollywood Studios looks really nice at night.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In 1966, Walt Disney announced plans for a "city of the future" to be built in Florida. The proposed Environmental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow" was never built. Epcot, initially known as EPCOT Center, became a theme park and opened in 1982. The original concept, albeit greatly modified, is being resurrected in 2022.

Reactions: goreds2

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
"Conform or sufer! God, guns and (alt-right politician's name)!"

When was America greater?
When it was criminal for women to vote?
When slaves were bought and sold?
Before the Natives lost control?
Fuck that MAGA propaganda
Hate won't make America great

- Otep "To The Gallows"

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The original concept, albeit greatly modified, is being resurrected in 2022.

Well Disney created Celebration FL in like the 90's I think. That was closer to the og epcot idea since it's a real city but also right next to the parks, unlike this new planned community. I'd freaking LOVE to live in celebration but even condos are super pricey.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
According to this guy there weren't too many great big beautiful tomorrows left.

'Everybody needed to die in order to pass over to the other side': Man accused of killing his wife and three children in Disney town of Celebration believed he had to kill them because the world was ending, trial hears​

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
According to this guy there weren't too many great big beautiful tomorrows left.

'Everybody needed to die in order to pass over to the other side': Man accused of killing his wife and three children in Disney town of Celebration believed he had to kill them because the world was ending, trial hears​

What a fucking nut. Too bad he couldn't off himself.

BTW, this really has nothing to do with Disney. There's a thread for this

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It happened in Celebration. That city is basically Walt's dream of epcot come true in real life.

It's my dream to live there some day. A dream that will likely never happen...but maybe I could swing a condo there eventually.