Broken Chart

In today's music methodology where streaming songs jump to #1 then fall off the chart within weeks, 24 weeks at #1 is something meaningful. Not saying the methodology is right but in that context this is meaningful.

We all know it will be knocked off by the Maria Carey dreck in a couple of weeks.
 
Music buyers and radio station music directors are no longer choosin' Choosin' Texas. Here are today's headlines from Billboard – and what the heck is an "encore reissue"?

Taylor Swift's Patient Zero debuts at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100
Swift scores her 16th leader, dethroning Ella Langley's record 24-week chart-topper, Choosin' Texas.

Taylor Swift's The Life Of A Showgirl returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 after 'encore' reissue
 
*Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!* "Johnny, tell him what he's won!"

Yes the reissue of The Life Of A Showgirl includes four new songs: Patient Zero, Cleveland, Babylon.....and Pink Clouding:

"Met the magenta sunrise, fuchsia forever intertwined
Threw the rosewood on the fire
Neither of us knew at the time that I was a liar
I was pink clouding from the thrill of it
Skydiving as you wrapped your arms around my body
Gray rocking where the arrow hit"

My one-word review of the song: "Huh?!?!?" And did she plagiarize the tune of Bette Davis Eyes?

 
FAKE NEWS! Well, I mean of course it did just happen but....

...this wouldn't occur on a not-broken chart. Use some rules from previous decades, where you couldn't just pay somebody over in Somewhere-istan to use their network of compromised PCs to stream it to #1. In real numbers, it probably debuted at #199 then fell off.
 
Top five on the October 10 2026 Billboard Hot 100:

NEW 1 Patient Zero – Taylor Swift
1 –-– 2 Choosin' Texas – Ella Langley
NEW 3 Cleveland! – Taylor Swift
NEW 4 Babylon – Taylor Swift
NEW 5 Pink Clouding – Taylor Swift

Also on the chart:

10 – 16 Be Her – Ella Langley
17 – 19 I Can't Love You Anymore – Ella Langley/Morgan Wallen
12 – 21 I Knew It, I Knew You – Taylor Swift
25 – 24 Jaded – Koe Wetzel/Ella Langley
24 – 25 Loving Life Again – Ella Langley
 
Back
Top Bottom